By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will it take to admit there will be no Sony comeback this gen?

Nothing to admit, Sony can't comeback this generation, and even though people sugar coat it...they know it logically won't happen, if Microsoft decided to completely stop making consoles, it'd still take months for PS3 sales to catch up...and we all know that ain't happening.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network

There will be no Sony comeback. Hm, it took me six words.

Sony has been doing alright lately....and a further upswing is probably certain, that is until a year or so after the PS4 comes out and Sony shifts basically all of its resources to the PS4.

In terms of things that could totally wreck the PS3s progress they would have to be pretty big, things like

-No PS3slim or price cut
-360 coming out w/ a slim model and substantiail price cut
-360 caputuring exclusive deals w/ some PS3 franchises

etc

thabigD said:
Sony has been doing alright lately....and a further upswing is probably certain, that is until a year or so after the PS4 comes out and Sony shifts basically all of its resources to the PS4.

In terms of things that could totally wreck the PS3s progress they would have to be pretty big, things like

-No PS3slim or price cut
-360 coming out w/ a slim model and substantiail price cut
-360 caputuring exclusive deals w/ some PS3 franchises

etc

360 IS already starting to get exclusive deals with Sony franchises. Final Fantasy 13.

If, after the release of GT5, and a Sony slim + price cut Sony don't manage to turn the table, i'll agree they'll stay in third place.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

This is the final year... In order to comeback they must outsell the 360 on a worldwide basis by January 1, 2010. If this is not happening then a comeback becomes extremely unlikely.

As for comeback on the Wii that is dependent on one thing... Does the Wii continue to stay popular amongst casuals? If it does, then a comeback on the Wii is highly unlikely...

The problem I see developing is that there appears to be a "secondary generation" developing... Wii HD, 360 with Natal, PS3-2 that addresses the under the cover issues that developers have had with the PS3 and adds their motion controller. All systems will be backward and forward compatible thereby extending the generation rather then truely ending it. In other words you can stay with what you have and it will work, but the secondary generation will give you what you really want.

I can't believe some think that it is impossible for Sony to comeback.

Last year when Sony was outselling the 360 WW for around 36 straight weeks people always thought MS would make a comeback, but now that the tables have turned they think that Sony is incapable of the same thing.

I think it will take a lot more than just 2 1/2 years in JP and NA and barely over 2 1/4 years in EU to declare Sony "done".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=&reg1=------&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=200

when the red line charts under the green line i will accept defeat, until then ps3's triumph is inevitable. xD

edit: triumph over the 360.  against the wii things are hopless.

sony but probably do it but after ps4 it's introduced.

Define the parameters of this "comback".

I am happy with my Wii and PS3 already, so it really means nothing to me. However, if you mean a "comeback" to Sony domination, it will not happen. Not if Sony desires profitability. Profitability is more important than market share at this point.