By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It seems the "epic Mickey" title is for Wii.

exindguy said:
Killergran said:
forest-spirit said:
Killergran said:

'Epic' is not really a word I associate with the Wii. Thus I think it would do better on a more serious and epic machine. And while I do not expect any game to live up to its concept art, putting it on a higher end machine would most likely produce superior results for a game with that type of graphics. And really, that was some of the best concept art I've seen in a long time. It deserves... I don't know. Awesomeness.

"serious and epic machine"? How can a machine be "epic"? Unless it's a real Transformer. Or a real X-Wing.

Seriously, I can't take this post seriously...

OT:

I hope the in-game art will make the concept art justice. I need game footage! Puh-lease.

Serious and epic, that's what games on the PS360 are, for most part. So I define them not only as HD, but as serious and epic. Prime examples would be God of War, Killzone, Gran Turismo, Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect, Halo etc. The only big serious and epic game I can think of for Wii is Zelda.

It seems I cannot express myself lately without people misunderstanding me. I shall endevour to be more clear about what I mean.

Oh we all understood you, we just think what you're saying is utterly ridiculous.

Because a game such as Metroid can HARDLY be epic. Same with mario kart. :]

Around the Network
tehsage said:
exindguy said:

Oh we all understood you, we just think what you're saying is utterly ridiculous.

You are just being mean, and trying to make me look like a Wii-hater. Anyone who would call the HD consoles a Fun experience would need their head examined, just the same as anyone claiming the Wii to be the embodiment of Serious and Epic. And I don't mean individual titles, but the more general values the consoles hold peoples minds. But you already know this. And if you didn't, a quick look at the top 10 for each console could confirm it.

I love beautiful games. Which is not the same as games with 'good graphics'. But when I am presented with artwork as beautiful as this, there are only two ways I can be satisfied with the finished product. Either a hightech 3d world, or a 2d world.

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:
tehsage said:
exindguy said:

You are just being mean, and trying to make me look like a Wii-hater. Anyone who would call the HD consoles a Fun experience would need their head examined, just the same as anyone claiming the Wii to be the embodiment of Serious and Epic. And I don't mean individual titles, but the more general values the consoles hold peoples minds. But you already know this. And if you didn't, a quick look at the top 10 for each console could confirm it.

I love beautiful games. Which is not the same as games with 'good graphics'. But when I am presented with artwork as beautiful as this, there are only two ways I can be satisfied with the finished product. Either a hightech 3d world, or a 2d world.

Let me explain why you can't say a system is more epic than the other.

It is because of the software. We had epic software on the PS1 and the Super Nintendo, so hardware strength is not the issue. The reason that the 360 and PS3 is considered more "serious" is because their software strives to be more "serious". Wii currently has software that can be considered "less serious" but putting a "serious" game on Wii will not make it less seious just because it's on Wii.

The way you are thinking is called prejudice. You identify the systems as "epic" and "serious" even though they have have less "epic" software too. And you identify the Wii as less "serious" even though it got games like Metroid Prime. I'm not saying you're a Wii hater, but software is not affected by hardware. It's the other way around, the software affects the hardware. If Epic Mickey is coming to Wii, it will not make Epic mickey less epic, it will make the Wii more epic.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Soriku said:
Wait, so the Wii can't have epic games and the HD consoles can't be fun?

What?

Haven't you heard? The PS3 and 360 are boring as hell. Not a single game anyone could possibly find entertaining

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Soriku said:

What?

Yup, that's the truth. Don't come and say that Metroid Prime 3 or Super Mario Galaxy were epic! Valkyria Chronicles and Gears of War are true epic games (Gears is THE Epic game :p) but they are so boring you won't smile for a month...

OT:

I neeeed some fun and not-so-epic gameplay footage or I'll throw my self to the ground and scream like a baby.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
The_vagabond7 said:
trestres said:
The only Mickey game I played and absolutely loved was "The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey". It was fantastic. It's a SNES game made by Capcom USA.

The game was also dark and kind of wicked, since it was all happening inside Mickey's head while he was dreaming. You had multiple costumes you could use and a magic meter that needed to be recharged in order to use some of the abilities the costumes offered. You had ordinary Mickey, Magician Mickey, Firefighter Mickey and Climber Mickey. Fabulous game, and these art pieces remind me a lot about it. Hopefully it will get released, I will be a very happy person if it happens.

That game was so freakin' hot. I loved the hell out of that game when I was younger.

This actually looks very interesting, and the art looks fantastic. I'd keep an eye on it.

That game was suprisingly awesome.  I rented it back then and had a blast.

I had that game back in 1992...I really liked it.

I also enjoyed "Mickey: Castle of Illusions" (I think that´s the name) for the Genesis.

Magical Quest was great, but Castle of Illusion was jaw dropping when it came out.  The atmosphere was dripping with classic Mickey Mouse - especially the candyland stage.  Sega did a great job with that one.  Sadly, it was a quite easy.  However, everything else was stellar, even the music was great.

I remember getting stuck in Castle of Illusion but that was so long ago I wouldn'tbe able to tell you where...

And glad to see that I'm not the only one that found Magical Quest to be awesome. Let's say that I was a little upset when I found out that Capcom made 2 sequels that stayed in Japan...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Soriku said:

What?

Wait? Is that what I said?

What?

This is invisible text!

KungKras said:

It is because of the software. We had epic software on the PS1 and the Super Nintendo, so hardware strength is not the issue. The reason that the 360 and PS3 is considered more "serious" is because their software strives to be more "serious". Wii currently has software that can be considered "less serious" but putting a "serious" game on Wii will not make it less seious just because it's on Wii.

The way you are thinking is called prejudice. You identify the systems as "epic" and "serious" even though they have have less "epic" software too. And you identify the Wii as less "serious" even though it got games like Metroid Prime. I'm not saying you're a Wii hater, but software is not affected by hardware. It's the other way around, the software affects the hardware. If Epic Mickey is coming to Wii, it will not make Epic mickey less epic, it will make the Wii more epic.

Hardware strenght has absolutely nothing to do with making a game epic or not. That would just be silly.

It's not prejudice, it's image and business strategy.

This is invisible text!

Killergran said:
KungKras said:

Hardware strenght has absolutely nothing to do with making a game epic or not. That would just be silly.

It's not prejudice, it's image and business strategy.

Image and business strategy? You're talking about a Mickey Mouse game for the Wii in competition with Super Mario with IR based controls, and your entire argument is based around the prettiness of concept art created for a game that was conceived and designed from the Wii from the very beginning.  How is it "too epic" for the Wii? It was made for the Wii.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"