By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It seems the "epic Mickey" title is for Wii.

thekitchensink said:
Onyxmeth said:
thekitchensink said:

Before Kingdom Hearts, I was positive there was no way a character like Mickey Mouse could be in a game that was anything resembling 'epic'. 

Never had a Sega Genesis I take it?

You take it correctly.  Although I never thought his games couldn't be goood (plenty of licensed games were great at the time, like Aladdin, Power Rangers, and Turtles), just not 'epic' in the sense that it applies here.

How does it apply here? I mean I grew up with these older Genesis games, and I remember that for the time, they were quite the epic releases.

@forest-spirit-Yeah Castle of Illusion. Also World of Illusion and Quackshot. All fantastic games.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

osnap, ill buy it if it comes out =D

The only Mickey game I played and absolutely loved was "The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey". It was fantastic. It's a SNES game made by Capcom USA.

The game was also dark and kind of wicked, since it was all happening inside Mickey's head while he was dreaming. You had multiple costumes you could use and a magic meter that needed to be recharged in order to use some of the abilities the costumes offered. You had ordinary Mickey, Magician Mickey, Firefighter Mickey and Climber Mickey. Fabulous game, and these art pieces remind me a lot about it. Hopefully it will get released, I will be a very happy person if it happens.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
The only Mickey game I played and absolutely loved was "The Magical Quest: Starring Mickey". It was fantastic. It's a SNES game made by Capcom USA.

The game was also dark and kind of wicked, since it was all happening inside Mickey's head while he was dreaming. You had multiple costumes you could use and a magic meter that needed to be recharged in order to use some of the abilities the costumes offered. You had ordinary Mickey, Magician Mickey, Firefighter Mickey and Climber Mickey. Fabulous game, and these art pieces remind me a lot about it. Hopefully it will get released, I will be a very happy person if it happens.

That game was so freakin' hot. I loved the hell out of that game when I was younger.

This actually looks very interesting, and the art looks fantastic. I'd keep an eye on it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Looks intriguing.........I'm rather interested in this game.

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
a precursor to Kingdom Hearts on Wii? lets hope

I was just thinking about that. They could use this game engine to power KH3.

Does anyone know what type/genre of game this is?

platformer/rpg? I should think.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

This has huge potential. I can't wait to see how it shapes up in the coming months.

Plataformer it seems, if the graphics looks like the artwork, then this is one of the best wii games (graphically speaking) im not sure it will sell that much anyway..

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

With artwork like that, they really should put it on a more powerful console. I usually advocate fun over graphics, but that artwork was divine. Plus it would probably sell better on the more serious machines.

This is invisible text!