By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 Will Render at 600p

I find arguments about the final pixel resolution displayed to be silly. How far can you go with that?

Take HDR rendering. I know that some renderers start at half screen resolution and others at full to calculate the average luminace for a scene. It would be impossible to figure that out from the final image, but I BET most places are using half.

What about render to texture operations for generating reflections for water/mirrors? These will be done at half or even a quarter of fullscreen resolution? Does that bother people too?

Sorry. I am ranting.

Around the Network
_honeybadger_ said:
Aion said:
That's good, 60fps will look amazing.

It wont "look" amazing but 60fps is better for the feel of control of your character.

It also looks better (more fluid).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Upgrade your PC for 300 and you will have 1080p 60 fps

Repent or be destroyed

That's fine, the graphics are good enough imo.

CommunistHater said:

$300 upgrade for 1 game ?

Pretty useless, because other modern games need more than a $300 upgrade to run with 60 FPS on 1920x1080.

Around the Network
_honeybadger_ said:

So after 2 years to produce MW2 is just a new skin of MW?  whats your opinion about this?

I think that I got a HD console for HD gaming on a HDTV, thats the reason I made that investment so Im not happy about this.

My opinion on this is that if you bought an HD console for HD gaming on an HDTV, then you should perhaps be more careful what you wish for, because "HD gaming on an HDTV" is exactly and precisely what you are getting. You got taken in by marketers who told you that HD could somehow make games "more" than what they were before, and now you're starting to realize that it cannot. Seriously: you're arguing over something as trivial as the friggin screen resolution as though it made any difference whatsoever to how good the game is. This makes no sense, but then, that's exactly what marketers thrive on: manipulating people into doing things that make no sense, all to sell a product.

HD is nothing more than a new skin on the same old games. If this particular iteration of Call of Duty can teach you that lesson, then perhaps it will have been of some value to you after all.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

couldn't they have put a little more effort into their engine, it'll be 3 games now using the same exact engine. Honestly the games were never really that good looking, you just wouldn't notice it because multiplayer was so fast

PSN: Skiptomylou41k

Gamertag: Skiptomylou41k

PS3 Slim/Xbox 360 Short/Wii Black/PS2 Slim/Psp/DS

Cypher1980 said:
Soon the Darkside will be irresistable and will crush the MS rebel scum underfoot.

The Wii owners are like Ewoks. The Evil empire will tolerate them but turn their forest moon into a secret base.

Barozi said:
CommunistHater said:

Pretty useless, because other modern games need more than a $300 upgrade to run with 60 FPS on 1920x1080.

incorrect. my pc cost me 700$ total and will run anything at 1920x1200(a little bigger than 1080p) with far greater than console settings. Lets not get price involved here, because if you're playing MW2 you're also paying for an XBL account, where as I will get it on steam for cheap, and the game will only cost me what? 60? I think the game retails for 90$ US. or is that in the UK?

And before you say "My 360 cost me 299$+Tax!" You're wrong, no it did not. you paid about 350 before tax. How are you typing to me here? on your 360? right, it doesn't have a web browser.

I suspect you have a 500-600$ PC or maybe even a 1200$ laptop.

If anyone complains about the price of PC gaming and has a half decent PC/laptop they should be slapped. You are paying way more money than we do.

Also, if you're one of those people that purchased an apple computer, well, you're even worse if you complain or talk bad about price for pc gaming. Considering apple products are the most severly

Barozi said:
CommunistHater said:

incorrect. my pc cost me 700$ total and will run anything at 1920x1200(a little bigger than 1080p) with far greater than console settings. Lets not get price involved here, because if you're playing MW2 you're also paying for an XBL account, where as I will get it on steam for cheap, and the game will only cost me what? 60? I think the game retails for 90$ US. or is that in the UK?

And before you say "My 360 cost me 299$+Tax!" You're wrong, no it did not. you paid about 350 before tax. How are you typing to me here? on your 360? right, it doesn't have a web browser.

I suspect you have a 500-600$ PC or maybe even a 1200$ laptop.

If anyone complains about the price of PC gaming and has a half decent PC/laptop they should be slapped. You are paying way more money than we do.

Also, if you're one of those people that purchased an apple computer, well, you're even worse if you complain or talk bad about price for pc gaming. Considering apple products are the most severly

I love it when HD whores whine about the actual resolution of a game... like back when Halo 3 came out and the devs said it was only 540p or something like that, people went ape shit!

I'd much rather have a game that runs silky smooth without any framerate hiccups whatsoever, especially during all the online MP chaos that will ensue, then have a game that looks great in still photos but chugs horribly during actual gameplay.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.