By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Modern Warfare 2 Will Render at 600p

Slimebeast said:
When will people learn that resolution ain't that important? It's only a minor part of overall graphics quality.

I guess it depends on what TV you have. With my 32 inch 720p CRT, I don't really notice the difference, but those with huge 1080p TVs may notice.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

So Halo 3, Modern Warfare 1 & 2 can't be labeled has HD FPS's...

Gotta make a thread about that.

NJ5 said:
Slimebeast said:
When will people learn that resolution ain't that important? It's only a minor part of overall graphics quality.

I guess it depends on what TV you have. With my 32 inch 720p CRT, I don't really notice the difference, but those with huge 1080p TVs may notice.

Yes, for sure most people will notice. Im not denying that. But compared to other graphical techniques and effects, resolution os just one factor among many (HDR, AA; AF, normal maps, dynamic lighting, polygon models, texture quality, color depth etc).

But these news always make a huge deal out of resolution - and I think it's for the simple reason that resolution is the only graphical aspect people can bring out and compare in an objective way, while most other qualities are much harder to measure and quantify.

I can tell you right now native resolution matters to me. I can tell you right now CoD4 and CoD5 looked the exact same on my 37" crt to my LCD 40" 1080p TV. And all other crappy res games show little improvement if any when gaming on SD to HD. Now native 1080p games show by far the greatest improvement.

Keep_the_change said:
So Halo 3, Modern Warfare 1 & 2 can't be labeled has HD FPS's...

Gotta make a thread about that.

if you have an 1080p display resolution is very important and having HD native resolution helps a lot.

720p is the  lower barrier for HD IQ  so anything lower than that isnt a HD game.

Around the Network

I don't see sub 1280x720p as "not HD" unless you simply insist on using marketing semantics to argue what is and isn't.

Some even seem to be under the impression that sub 1920x1080p is "not HD" even though the marketing term for that resolution is "Full HD."

600 vertical lines is pushing the low end of the boundary regardless. And I'm not one to say that "as long as it looks good and plays smooth it doesn't matter" because to many, it does.

If you really have an issue with it, play it on a decent gaming PC even though that whole "$10 discount off PC games over console games" went out the window for MW2.

I wonder what resolution the games typically use on the PS360.

Shooters like Far Cry 2, Resedint evil 5, and what about Oblivion.

I MAY AS WELL DECLARE STR8 OFF THE BAT. I WILL NOT BE BUYING MODERN WAREFARE 2 FOR £49.99

I WILL GET IT IN THE NEW YEAR SOMETIME

ITS A RIPP OFF

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

It will be a while before MW2 gets discounted. Best sellers usually don't get discounted early as long as they keep selling.

I think I paid $25 (don't remember) for a PC copy of CoD4 almost a year after release, having already bought and played the console version.

But there should be opening week sales from various vendors and probably some good holiday deals as well. Not that I want to discourage anyone from buying a game the day it comes out, but these days it almost seems kind of a waste to pay full price for any game.

(and the vast majority of games for the PS3/360 run natively at 1280x720)

i dont really care what mw2 is rendered at, because i was diappointed by the 1st mw so i wont get the 2nd one and will instead get halo:odst .

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1