By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Companies that could enter the console war

god stop bumping these threads, i hate reading kwaad's posts.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
god stop bumping these threads, i hate reading kwaad's posts.

I have the same problem with Soriku's posts...

OT:  What about Philipps?

supermario128 said:
Your right, they will copy nintendo and make a motion controlled system like the Wii. But by then everyone will have the next nintendo system and no one will care about Sony trying to copy nintendo.

You can't be serious......

I doubt any will jump in directly. I do think though with the cost of being a console company being so high and the risk being amazingly large that you might see more partnerships being developed between companies that are interested in the market. Ones that strike me as obvious are companies like AMD or Intel trying to partner with a console manufacturer. They invest a fair amount in the project and in return get some part of the profits from licensing at the same time they are pushing for their chips to be used in the console allowing them to sell their core products to a wider market. I figure that you will see some other possible combinations with the convergence of consoles, TV, and internet making a variety of interested partnerships.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad

AMD can become a serious contender if they decide to. AMD64 CPU's and Radeon GPU's on Radeon Motherboards could easily give any console a run for its money.

Intel for all its money would still have to license a decent GPU.

Apple's revenue model is more like Nintendo's, I doubt they will like to lose money and earn it via software. The Ipod h/w makes a lot of money and songs sold via iTunes barely cover their costs. Apple is basically operating iTunes as a service.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Around the Network

EA most likely could. Probably Square Enix.

And of course Apple.

EA + Square + Apple (Thats a Match made in Heaven)

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

@kwaad, rainbow six, civ games and comand and conqure all caame to the mac... i own them all, but yes it is painfull to be a mac gamer .... maybe the only goodthing out of the intel switch,

apple was considering buying ninitendo before the release of the Wii, jobs met many times with diffrent BigN execs, sadly it never happened, though with apples cash reserves they could still buy controling interest in BigN, and hostil takeovers are nothing new to a jobs apple, both final cut, and itunes came that way (well early versions and the eployees anyway)

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

oh and PowerPC owns them all

Boo x86 both intel and amd

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Oh my god... Sony fanboys can be annoying sometimes, but give me those over Apple fanboys any time! They can be even more (actually, radically more) dogmatic and elitist :S

But I don't think Apple has the guts to launch a home console... A handheld, maybe. I hope not, for the above reason.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957