By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Companies that could enter the console war

supermario128 said:
I don't think that there could be four different consoles. But if one dies (Sony)then Apple will problably enter next generation. The way things are going right now I don't think Sony would make a PS4.

Well its hard to believe from you since you have a Mario avatar. So its again a Nintendo owner prediction.

Around the Network
Game_boy said:

Google

AMD (Advanced Micro Devices)

Apple, Inc.

Sega

IBM

Google - They would have to sell something. That's not google like.

AMD - With the aquision of ATI, they could. But it would suck, becuase AMD sucks. (sorry AMD fans)

Apple - When was the last time a AAA game came out for apple, that WASNT made by bungie?

Sega - do they even make money just from software? Without counting hardware losses?!

IBM - IBM does not deal with the public. And if they did, the console would cost 5000$ and be 10 PS3s strapped together to make a mega system. 

Not really. EA, Ubi, WalMart, are more likely if you ask me. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

LordTheNightKnight - Yeah Virgin would be the best choice, they have the cool brand name, they're always the good guys in the publics eye - thanks to their amazing PR team (read: BSkyB Vs VirginMedia controversy). They have stacks of cash (Richards got his own goddamned island), plus they have many outlets such as radio stations and TV channels that they could put free advertising into.

I'm just saying that sales are not to good and if they don't pick up Sony might not make another console. If no one is buying a PS3 why would people buy a PS4 which will problably be over $1,000.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

SamuelRSmith said:
LordTheNightKnight - Yeah Virgin would be the best choice, they have the cool brand name, they're always the good guys in the publics eye - thanks to their amazing PR team (read: BSkyB Vs VirginMedia controversy). They have stacks of cash (Richards got his own goddamned island), plus they have many outlets such as radio stations and TV channels that they could put free advertising into.

I just can't remember if their gaming division is still around. Even Microsoft has a gaming division for the Xbox.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
I'm just saying that sales are not to good and if they don't pick up Sony might not make another console. If no one is buying a PS3 why would people buy a PS4 which will problably be over $1,000.

Sony is not that supid. Sure they won't acknowledge the price being a problem for the PS3, but that's admittedly a hard pill to swallow. They have been taking quite a few cost cutting measures, a mere year into the system's cycle. That shows they know the price is a problem, and they won't make that same mistake again.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

tbh LTNK, I didn't really understand what you mean, sorry. But I think Virgin did have something to do with games at some point because I remember seeing their logo on a Street Fighter game for the PS1, not sure though.

Even if it doesn't exist today they still could open one up, they have the experience from before.

If they were to release a games console, the question would be how successfull? I know it would do brilliantly in the UK, and most probably quite well in the US. I don't know how it would do for the rest of the world, though, as I've never seen the Virgin logo outside of the Us and the UK, then again, I never looked.

LordTheNightKnight said:
supermario128 said:

Sony is not that supid. Sure they won't acknowledge the price being a problem for the PS3, but that's admittedly a hard pill to swallow. They have been taking quite a few cost cutting measures, a mere year into the system's cycle. That shows they know the price is a problem, and they won't make that same mistake again.

speaking of which, it looks like sony is trying to fix the problem, before they ever get the chance to do it agian. seriously tho...

I think they need to create UO2. A accurate re-creation of the original UO, before they 'split' the worlds. Sell the 'conosle' for 20$, and then charge 5$/month. I would pay in a heart beat. And probibally buy 2 or 3 of them.

Your right, they will copy nintendo and make a motion controlled system like the Wii. But by then everyone will have the next nintendo system and no one will care about Sony trying to copy nintendo.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089