By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Companies that could enter the console war

ssj12 said:
Intel would be fun. Core 2 QX 9650 Extreme in a console OMG!!!

That's why I said AMD, except AMD has graphics too. Besides, upcoming Phenom > QX9650.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

GE (General Electric)

Description: An American multi conglomerate that is in more markets than any other company. It is essentially a much, much larger version of Sony. They make things varying from transistors to home appliances to power supplies to engines for planes. They also own NBC and Universal studios.

Why they might enter: They have a yearly profit greater than most countries GDP and are constantly looking to expand. They are at war with Sony on several fronts and recently has been on the offense (which some believe explains Universals decision to stay HD ). If the PS3 does well this generation then it’s definitely in GE’s interest to try and hurt the PS4. They have also worked with IBM in the past.

Problems: GE loves new markets and the company is all about electronics; however, GE typically deals with industrial electronic markets, not consumer electronics.

Yes or No?: Not at this time. If Microsoft backs out and there is a void to be taken, GE might hop in, or at least form a venture with another company that wants to.

I expect Apple to get into the console war pretty soon.

@Soriku

Well if Apple made the iPod a handheld device then we would definetly have Apple fanboys on this site.

eab said:
GE (General Electric)

Description: An American multi conglomerate that is in more markets than any other company. It is essentially a much, much larger version of Sony. They make things varying from transistors to home appliances to power supplies to engines for planes. They also own NBC and Universal studios.

Why they might enter: They have a yearly profit greater than most countries GDP and are constantly looking to expand. They are at war with Sony on several fronts and recently has been on the offense (which some believe explains Universals decision to stay HD ). If the PS3 does well this generation then it’s definitely in GE’s interest to try and hurt the PS4. They have also worked with IBM in the past.

Problems: GE loves new markets and the company is all about electronics; however, GE typically deals with industrial electronic markets, not consumer electronics.

Yes or No?: Not at this time. If Microsoft backs out and there is a void to be taken, GE might hop in, or at least form a venture with another company that wants to.

Plus the film and media division is partly owned by Vivendi, which has a gaming division.

Some may know Vivendi as the company that ruined Crash and Spyro, but the also own Blizzard.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

How about Virgin, BSkyB.... Tescos?

Let's give the UK some loving.

Out of the bunch Apple might be the one to make the jump, IF one of the Big 3 leaves.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

SamuelRSmith said:
How about Virgin, BSkyB.... Tescos?

Let's give the UK some loving.

Virgin FTW! Mainly because of Richard Branson. Any new gaming company needs a cool face for the Company. Other than Apple, he is the most notable face of one of these potential companies. Also, the sweater jokes would get old with Steve Jobs. How many Ed Wood YTMNDs would we need? But jokes about Branson's beady eyes would be great.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I don't think that there could be four different consoles. But if one dies (Sony)then Apple will problably enter next generation. The way things are going right now I don't think Sony would make a PS4.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Game_boy said:
ssj12 said:
Intel would be fun. Core 2 QX 9650 Extreme in a console OMG!!!

That's why I said AMD, except AMD has graphics too. Besides, upcoming Phenom > QX9650.

ummm the QX9650 is Intel's new 45nm processor. So AMD's craptastic Phenom <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< QX9650 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453