By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Analyst : Who Cares About Microsoft ?

this guy is a complete moron and i hope he fails hard at life. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
mario64 said:

It doesn't matter who is profitable first, what matters is who will be the most profitable in the long run.

MS Entertainement Division is losing 130 million $ this quarter by the way...

And the loss was attributable to non-gaming business.

I think Sony might have lost just A LITTLE bit more than that with the PS3 :P.

Did anyone really expect Microsoft not to take a hit when their bread and butter products rely on the fortunes of many other businesses, most of which are having a rough time?

Windows 7 will save them.

Please register :)

badgenome said:
mario64 cares. A lot.

This.

Around the Network
dbot said:
Was Vista as big a flop as Windows Millenium? MS followed that up with Windows XP which was an enormous success. The problem with MS is they are so big, that any division they start will always be overshadowed by the Server and Office divisions. I do think that Balmer's days are numbered. The stock price hasn't moved in 10 years. He spent 45 billion in a stock buy back program that hasn't moved it at all.

MS likes to use customers as beta testers on some of their products. Like ME - and Vista. They still made beaucoup bucks off of it.

Not only that, but even some of their games were glorified beta test software, including 'You are at the movies,' 'SceneIt!' and 'Bug Bash.' (Wait, Bug Bash WAS a beta!) Opps.

I thought that this was another Sebastian Kramer article.

Oh well...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Kynes said:

@Torilian: Maybe you can ban mario64 because he is a multi nick, already banned user. It's at least his fifth user, all the previous ones already banned. He was Tim_Duncan, Tony_Parker, Manu_Ginobili, and _Forza3. All of them banned because he enjoys trolling against everything that is not Sony.

Agreed. Same MO. I was thinking the same thing but wanted to remain civil.

mario64 said:
This is not about 'hating MS' or 'loving Windows 7'.

The problem is : is it a well run company ? Will it be as successful as it was in the future ? Is it inovating enough ?

This analyst thinks not, people who sold MS shares by millions after the results were published (shares lost 10 %) think not either...

Calling people retards won't help you understand why those millions of people or those dozens of analysts disagree with you...

because civilian traders are still using computer program-managed trading which has been a major factor in hurting this economy?

Because being up for the year = badly run?

Because MS said they want to take on the weather?

MS is in a crunch because of Google. But it's nothing they can't bounce back from. They have plenty of money to spare time to recoup.

TruthforFree said:

Hmmmm let's see who cares about microsoft.

1) The 177 million people thst will be getting windows 7

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/43208/140/

2) Google - the one trick pony google has failed to succeed in anything other than search

3) Sony - they lost TONS of market share to the redmond giant

4) Shareholders - Microsoft made 14.6 BILLION DOLLARS NET PROFIT last year.

The list goes on and on.......

MARIO64 - You are a playstation troll and a neanderthal prostitute for all things sony.

You are doing the exact same thing as GEBEX but he got banned. Odd how the bans are so subjective.

1) It's not like they have a choice. It's going to be bundled with basically every single PC.

2) I'd say it's MS that cares about Google considering the moves it's made to stop it.

3) Wrong,. Sony lost tons of market share to Nintendo as the two have virtually switched places from last gen. MS is in the same exact position.

Anyway, MS is still a damn powerful company, but it certainly isn't as powerful as it was back in the 90's. That auro of invincibility long ago went out the window(no pun intended).

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3