By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last information on PS3 sales in Spain

I already gave data in mid-July when Sony Spain announced they had sold 194 000 machines to customers (220 000 counting Portugal ) .

Sony Spain usually gives sold to customers numbers when they talk with the press .In fact ,in many interviews with for example the site I linked ,meristation ,Armstrong has showed to have weekly sales data not only for their machines but for the rivals as well .

And Georges Fornay when he announced more than 200K PS3 sold in France two weeks ago said explicitly "sold to customers " and backed its data with GFK numbers .

This "shipped " thing must go ,its growing tired .

Its sold ,simple as that .

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

Good joke .Thing is that both Georges Fornay (Sony France ) and Armstrong (Spain ) backed their assertions with GFK sales  data that they have fully disponible as pay subscriptors of GFK and that is totally independent on what Sony tracks or tracked before .

Facts are facts .PS3 was selling in France more than the numbers we had here ,and ioi changed that once he knew  .And with Spain it happens the same and even in a greater way .

So basicly its 4.86m then. I knew it!!!

mM

Sorry I meant 4.88m

mM
leo-j said:
So basicly its 4.86m then. I knew it!!!

yes, and you also knew that james armstrong was the vice president of spain

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

Im smoking nintendo wii's!!! Its healthy for you. You should buy a wii since its the best because everyone on the site says soo!!! Yea and everyone on the site is 30 years old on the computer for 24 hours talking about how good mario and Kirby is!!! POKEMON FTW!!!!

only on the wiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FTW!!!!!

mM
leo-j said:
Then why isnt vgchartz updating the numbers?

It will be for the next week. ioi update the numbers one time per week.

You are ruining my thread .But ,as there arent many other spanish posters I suppose it doesnt matter too much .

I only hope than when I say or insinue again that the PS3 is undertracked in my country nobody says I am making up the numbers myself ...

Well, I think everyone already knows that the PS3 is going to beat the 360 in Spain... lol

Diomedes1976 said:

Good joke .Thing is that both Georges Fornay (Sony France ) and Armstrong (Spain ) backed their assertions with GFK sales  data that they have fully disponible as pay subscriptors of GFK and that is totally independent on what Sony tracks or tracked before .

Facts are facts .PS3 was selling in France more than the numbers we had here ,and ioi changed that once he knew  .And with Spain it happens the same and even in a greater way .

Yeah I remember when someone pointed that out, the thread was full of people saying stuff like "*Sigh* not this again" and "Why don't you learn!".

Then it turned out the numbers actually were undertracked and did need to be changed. So ioi went ahead and corrected them.