By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last information on PS3 sales in Spain

Sales ending week 9/23

1. Heavenly Sword (PS3)

2. WWE Smackdown! Vs. Raw 2007 Platinum (PS2)

3. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

4. The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (PC)

5. Dr Kawashima's More Brain Training (DS)

6. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Platinum (PS2)

7. Pokemon Diamond (DS)

8. Colin McRae: Dirt (PS3)

9. WWE Smackdown! Vs. Raw 2007 Platinum (PSP)

10. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (DS)

Around the Network

that isn't the oficial site, adese is, so i'll wait until the adese data, and it is very strange because in Spain software is tracked monthly, and that is for 1 week, but even if it is real it doesn't mean that ps3 is selling as much as wii, because one week is a short time.

edit:Diomedes said that there were two games of ps3 in ADESE data.

Today Spain , tomorrow Italy , and soon the entire Europe :) Nice :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

@ ismael )

that list the others gave you is from the most renowned media tracking institute in europe namely Media Control GfK ..

here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_control

Ok now that it's been proved it's undertracked I expect the Ps3 to be OVER 5 million at the end of week ending 7 october

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
ismael said:

that isn't the oficial site, adese is, so i'll wait until the adese data, and it is very strange because in Spain software is tracked monthly, and that is for 1 week, but even if it is real it doesn't mean that ps3 is selling as much as wii, because one week is a short time.

edit:Diomedes said that there were two games of ps3 in ADESE data.

Very interesting your website. The data i give you are those of gfk, published by some website. gfk track every week, so it's possible. We don't have the data for all the week. It depends of the week, and gfk, if he give the data or not. But with your website, we have the data for the month, every month. It's better that nothing.

mmmm. I live in spain, and everyone knows Spain is a "Playstation world" but seems things are changing (example friends said that 100% they buy a ps3 in 2006 but then the prize and"I think not")
Seriously better sony stop kicking their own asses and do somthing with the ps3.
Conclussion:
People in spain are buying wiis and planing buy a ps3 when prize is lower but I see more wiis and wiis in spain so i see a black future to ps3 (in Spain)

PD: Leo-j, first think, then post. You're ruining my brain.

Wii friend code:

0818 5910 1742 1599

If you make the assumption that VGChartz numbers are incorrect for the PS3 in Spain you also have to make the assumption that VGChartz numbers are also incorrect for the Wii and XBox 360 in Spain. The problem is that we don't have similar numbers which measure the same kind of sales for the Wii or XBox 360 in Spain, so the numbers have to remain as they currently are.

Basically, how do we know whether Spain as a whole is being undertracked or if it was just the PS3 in Spain that is being undertracked?

Yeah, it is interesting only complaints about the PS3 numbers seem to come up. And when even larger errors come up for Wii or 360, nobody even says a peep. They are noticed, but people don't incessantly whine about changing the VGC numbers because reasonable people know there is a margin of error and that Ioi does his best.

there should be no problem to correct PS3 data now and correcting the other numbers later, when the information is available , right ?