By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerrilla to “step back” from Killzone 2

Dear lord, did someone say Killzone was coming to the Xbox? Not a chance.....

Around the Network
Aion said:
CGI-Quality said:
PullusPardus said:
CGI-Quality said:
Aion said:
It simply means there going to develop for the Xbox 360.

Sarcasm at it's finest.

nope he is serious...

Oh dear..... D:

Yes KZ spin-off on 360. It makes sence, Guerilla wants money.

I agree. This will happen around the time a Fable game comes to PS3.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

CaseyDDR said:
glad this whole topic has rolled into a conversation about my truthful statement.

And you are happy about it ?

If pretending that the best sold HD-gen game is sh*t, makes you happy.. then I don't want to know about your maturity....

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Maybe they want to step back from the Killzone franchise and develop a new IP that will make them a profit.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Killzone 2 sales figures : 1.74 mil.... waouw... that is low for such a blockbuster ...

I really like this game now (now that everything is fixed...) and I feel sorry for Guerilla and for the blind fanboys who pissed the entire forum for months about it... but not in the same way...

Come on you cheap PS3 bastards ! Get some DLC to support them !

(I did if somebody asks...).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

Sweet, maybe they're starting Killzone 3.

Out 2011?

Kantor said:
FKNetwork said:
CaseyDDR said:
Seriously, KZ2 is garbage, let those fools play that shitty game.

^Fixed......

Killzone 2 is not garbage, and neither is Halo 3. There's no need to counter trolling with more trolling.

They might be not garbage but still are inferior to best console FPS experience you can get with Unreal Tournament III on PS3 :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

sinha said:

Maybe they want to step back from the Killzone franchise and develop a new IP that will make them a profit.

Being conservative and saying that Sony only nets around $35 per copy of Killzone 2 sold, they would've already brought in over $60 million in revenue from the title.  What ungodly amount do you think the game cost to make to have failed to turn a profit?

I don't think you lack the basic skills of deduction required to figure out the above, so I have to wonder if you were merely trolling.  >_o

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, however (though either way you end up looking bad), and I'll assume there was no ill intent behind your post.

*makingmusic476 said:
sinha said:

Being conservative and saying that Sony only nets around $35 per copy of Killzone 2 sold, they would've already brought in over $60 million in revenue from the title.  What ungodly amount do you think the game cost to make to have failed to turn a profit?

I don't think you lack the basic skills of deduction required to figure out the above, so I have to wonder if you were merely trolling.  >_o

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, however (though either way you end up looking bad), and I'll assume there was no ill intent behind your post.

35 $ seems already a lot ..

But you can't deny that Sony is far from the initial expected results for KZ2.

Sardauk said:
*makingmusic476 said:
sinha said:

35 $ seems already a lot ..

But you can't deny that Sony is far from the initial expected results for KZ2.

I'm sure they are.  Sales dropped like a rock after the first week.

I only contested the notion that the game failed to make a profit. 

And $35 isn't so much seeing as Sony is not only the developer and publisher of the game, but also the owner of the console upon which it was released.  Revenue from each sale of a game is split between the developer, publisher, platform holder (via licensing fees), retailers, and manufacturing/shipping costs.  Removing retailer margins ($10-15 on a $50-60 game) and manufacturing costs ($5?) would probably leave them with over $40 per game sold, but I was being conservative with my figures.