By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerrilla to “step back” from Killzone 2

Kantor said:
Aion said:
CGI-Quality said:
PullusPardus said:
CGI-Quality said:
Aion said:
It simply means there going to develop for the Xbox 360.

Sarcasm at it's finest.

nope he is serious...

Oh dear..... D:

Yes KZ spin-off on 360. It makes sence, Guerilla wants money.

I agree. This will happen around the time a Fable game comes to PS3.

That would be great, after Fable II's horrid co-op, i would care if it went multiplat.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Taz! said:
Dear lord, did someone say Killzone was coming to the Xbox? Not a chance.....

Too bad for the developers who did a great job...

The shooterbox would certainly give a better welcome to the game...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Killzone 3!

Guerilla Games does deserve a well-earned summer vacation. All their hard work will pay off this fall, when a cheaper PS3 will come out (how much cheaper, we don't know, but I'm guessing $299/299EUR) and the economy starts to recover - sales should do quite nicely.

As for the KZ universe - they've got a terrific shooter, topnotch gameplay, and memorable characters. What they need is a deeper, more intricate storyline, which blurs the line between ISA/Helghast. But please, Guerilla, if you do one thing: do NOT follow the example of Halo and CoD, two franchises which let success (and the siren call of US neoconservativism) lead them astray. Please don't dumb down the game-world; make it more complex.

They are stopping support pretty early aren't they?
Just as a guage thats 4 months.
Bungie still 19 months later have not stopped working on Halo 3 addons. So much so they are bringing out Halo 3 ODST.

Why would Guerilla stop so early???

Around the Network

Ahh I see.

Doing some research:

Only 30,000 average players online regularly.
Compared to 3 million average online Halo 3 players.

Roughly $60 mill made in sales of 1.74mill. ( Dev costs Were 60 mill at start of 2008, cant find final figure. ) The game likely hasnt made any profit yet. I would say antoher year onto 60 mill would see dev costs around 70-75 mill.

So with no profit and not much of an online community, I can see why they are halting DLC production. Doesn't look good for KZ3.

selnor said:
Bungie still 19 months later have not stopped working on Halo 3 addons. So much so they are bringing out Halo 3 ODST.

where did you read they stopped supporting Killzone 2????????????

They said there taking a "well deserved" vecation , but then again what ever makes you happy selnor

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
selnor said:

They said there taking a "well deserved" vecation , but then again what ever makes you happy selnor

Hmmmm, does it not seem funny to you that Valve, Bethesda and Bungie dont take well deserved breaks away from supporting a high selling game? Fallout 3 has loads of DLC still in development. Halo 3 has consistantly been updated with maps, new forge stuff, more maps and even an extra 12 hours campaign.

I think your kidding yourself if a game that hasn't made any profit yet is not being looked at hard by Sony right now. It's bleeding money.

nen-suer said:
selnor said:

HAHAHAHA just read his post above you Frikin hillarious.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
nen-suer said:
selnor said:

HAHAHAHA just read his post above you Frikin hillarious.

Why is it funny. I think it's rather sad. The game certainly deserves better. And deserves higher sales than the crap PS3 version of COD4. COD is way overated, but yet PS3 fans buy that instead. On 360 Halo 3 kills COD4 in sales. But on PS3 COD4 runs riot.

It's sad when a game like KZ2 has made no profit, and has a very small online community. KZ2 deserves better. It makes a company like Sony look at hard at supporting that franchise, because they are in money trouble already.

So while you laugh, it is actually really sad.