By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Guerrilla to “step back” from Killzone 2

glad this whole topic has rolled into a conversation about my truthful statement.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

Around the Network

I gotta pick up this game but I'm gonna beat Midnight Club: LA, MGS 4, and Ratchet and Clank first. How much of the Guerrilla team are actually working of KIllzone 2 stuff anyway? Wouldn't they only be working on new maps and MP tweaks, how many people could that take? I would assume they would only have a few people working on it and the rest working on another game but the article makes it seem like a lot of the team is working on it.

It simply means there going to develop for the Xbox 360.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I can honestly say that KZ2 is less parody and more tragedy. The game obviously deserves greater sales then it has enjoyed, and though the number of games sounds large. It isn't necessarily large enough to justify further development on the title. Eventually a developer must retire development. I hope there is enough game there however to keep the owners happy for years to come. To me less then thirty thousand players online for a game this young doesn't speak well for longevity.

I know it will sound like blasphemy, but perhaps it is time to end development on the series, or shelve it until next generation. I think much of the sales issues stem from the series not having real name recognition with gamers. There is little doubt for me that this game enjoyed much of its sales due to the graphical component of the equation. In other words most gamers were not buying the game due to its name.

Well perhaps it is time to develop a game with a new name. A new chance to make a good first impression, and its always good for a developer to not be a one trick pony. I really do believe that the name of the game did matter. Too many people said I played the first one, and was not impressed. So why should I pick up this second one. I think sometimes life just isn't fair. This game probably wasn't judged on its merit by most gamers on the console. That is the downside of sequels. They can boost sales, but they can also hinder sales.

Dodece said:
I can honestly say that KZ2 is less parody and more tragedy. The game obviously deserves greater sales then it has enjoyed, and though the number of games sounds large. It isn't necessarily large enough to justify further development on the title. Eventually a developer must retire development. I hope there is enough game there however to keep the owners happy for years to come. To me less then thirty thousand players online for a game this young doesn't speak well for longevity.

I know it will sound like blasphemy, but perhaps it is time to end development on the series, or shelve it until next generation. I think much of the sales issues stem from the series not having real name recognition with gamers. There is little doubt for me that this game enjoyed much of its sales due to the graphical component of the equation. In other words most gamers were not buying the game due to its name.

Well perhaps it is time to develop a game with a new name. A new chance to make a good first impression, and its always good for a developer to not be a one trick pony. I really do believe that the name of the game did matter. Too many people said I played the first one, and was not impressed. So why should I pick up this second one. I think sometimes life just isn't fair. This game probably wasn't judged on its merit by most gamers on the console. That is the downside of sequels. They can boost sales, but they can also hinder sales.

Dude, your essay is completely unnecessary. If you've had kz2 from day 1, you'd realize how much effort GG has put into this game after launch. I don't remember any such updates for even cod4. This has nothing to do how large the base is to warrant further development. Even niche titles like Cross Edge have tons of DLC on PSN and guess what, they're actually free. I know cross edge was nowhere as expensive as kz2 but it sold what? nothing yet it gets free DLC.

The funny thing is that although the number of players might have reduced, it seems like everyone left is as hardcore as it gets. Back when the game was new and shortly after, 6000points for the week guaranteed you a top 1% red ribbon. Last week, I got the 6000points and still didn't make it. This signals that the noobs have washed away and it's only us hardcorez left and I'm fine with that. This is the sametype of gamer thats still playing cod4. As long as 32 of them are still logged in at any given time, I'm more than happy to keep getting my kills in the zone lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Aion said:

Sarcasm at it's finest.

nope he is serious...

CGI-Quality said:
PullusPardus said:
CGI-Quality said:
Aion said:

Sarcasm at it's finest.

nope he is serious...

Oh dear..... D:

Yes KZ spin-off on 360. It makes sence, Guerilla wants money.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Aion said:
CGI-Quality said:
PullusPardus said:
CGI-Quality said:
Aion said:

Sarcasm at it's finest.

nope he is serious...

Oh dear..... D:

Yes KZ spin-off on 360. It makes sence, Guerilla wants money.

It's too bad they won't get the money. Sony Corp. will. The best the devs can get is a couple thousand dollars worth of bonuses

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Taz! said:

Trolling on a game you most likely haven't played without reason is a ban in my book.

I've owned it, bought it played it then returned it all in less than a week

Dodece said:

I agree doing a CODish shooter will not be good for Guerrilla not when you have DICE, Infinity Ward and Valve to name a few in the same league

I hope they do something different for their next game, and I really believe that Guerrilla is probably the weakest first party studio under Sony when you compare the Time and budget it took for them to get the game out Vs the quality and the sales of the game when compared to other first/second party developers.