By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan hardware sales : new low for the 360. Is the 360 dead in Japan ?

Aion said:
Is this an attack on the 360 fanboys? Its doing fine, once MC II comes out there will be a big sales boost.

Magna Carta? you clearly don't know the game or sales trends..

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
disolitude said:
dolemit3 said:
TheThunder said:
dolemit3 said:
LOL, DQ IX sales killed the 360 in Japan.
Btw, for the past six generations, the console that came in third in Japan ended up being second world wide. Go figure.

Dreamcast ??

Disqualified for not making it to the finish line (the start of the next generation).

So you are saying PS3 is doomed worldwide?

Its second in Japan like Gamecube and Sega saturn were before...

Look at what happened to Ninty after the Gamecube.

Could be a good omen for Sonys next console.

True. But look what happened to Sega after Saturn...DC. Best console they've ever done, a little too late.

@ JED

What do you know that means MC2 will not give any boost to 360 sales?
You don't know that for a fact.

What we do know is that when a JRPG exclusive comes out in Japan it gives the 360 a boost so it's very plausible.

But then you don't understand that people who would buy a demo of a game would be the most likely to buy the full release so there is a good chunk of the sales there and with 22mil consoles sold most people who are interested in the game already have a PS3 so any hardware increase in sales would be very short lived and would not close the 8mil lead the 360 has.
For that (and many other things you say) I laugh at you.

Lord Flashheart said:
disolitude said:
dolemit3 said:
TheThunder said:
dolemit3 said:
LOL, DQ IX sales killed the 360 in Japan.
Btw, for the past six generations, the console that came in third in Japan ended up being second world wide. Go figure.

Dreamcast ??

Disqualified for not making it to the finish line (the start of the next generation).

So you are saying PS3 is doomed worldwide?

Its second in Japan like Gamecube and Sega saturn were before...

Look at what happened to Ninty after the Gamecube.

Could be a good omen for Sonys next console.

No not next console it would be the PS5 in that case.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Why the PS5 Vaio?

Around the Network

"Is this an attack on the 360 fanboys? Its doing fine, once MC II comes out there will be a big sales boost."

...yup. Its very reasonable to believe 360 will get a big boost for a niche game like MC2 when a game with a huge fan base couldn't even do it..

Jed there's been a fair bit of interested in MC2 not just in japan but over here as well.
If you could see without the fanboy goggles you would recognise that.

O' rly? Do you know there was a lot of intrest in Lair and Too Human and HAZE and Madworld and Conduit too.

Over here? g-value who always posts the threads, and a few people that reply...

Interest in MC2 is low all over, it's not Star Ocean 4, and sure as hell not Tales of Vesperia.

Lord Flashheart said:
Why the PS5 Vaio?

Since you used historical trends thats what they show, it takes 2 gens to make a comeback and I also think the PS3 has more in common with N64.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.