By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan hardware sales : new low for the 360. Is the 360 dead in Japan ?

Compared to previous sales weeks and generation the xbox is doing great.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
dolemit3 said:
LOL, DQ IX sales killed the 360 in Japan.
Btw, for the past six generations, the console that came in third in Japan ended up being second world wide. Go figure.

Dreamcast ??

TheThunder said:
dolemit3 said:
LOL, DQ IX sales killed the 360 in Japan.
Btw, for the past six generations, the console that came in third in Japan ended up being second world wide. Go figure.

Dreamcast ??

Disqualified for not making it to the finish line (the start of the next generation).

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

LOL lord completely different... Go figure though, when it benifits you GT5P is a full game but ever other time its just a 40 dollar demo.

Microsoft made progress this generation with the XBox brand. It is a LONG struggle, but has made some.

Around the Network

Jed3 you missed the point I was making.
I'm not surprised.
Missed it by a mile.
Again, not surprised.

This is bound to happen when Microsoft stopped funding the 3rd party developers to halt the release of games on PS3 in Japan.
Microsoft spent a lot of money to secure the time exclusive deals for some big titles last year. For Microsoft, one year is enough, and now the market share of X360 is too big to be ignored by the Japanese developers, especially in the western market.

Microsoft achieved its goal and stopped injecting more money to support the JRPG fans in Japan. Japanese 3rd party developers start porting those games on PS3 with extra bonus to piss off the gamers who bought the X360 version. This is what we call business. But at the end of the day, companies that are too "tactical" and screw their customers again and again will fail miserably. Maybe not now, but the time will come.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

I'm not surprised you don't know what you're talking about.

It looks from that graph like the lowest the 360 was in Japan was 977 for a week so that is pretty dire for the console!

Ha. You really do make me laugh