By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan hardware sales : new low for the 360. Is the 360 dead in Japan ?

Vashyo said:
Sardauk said:
CrazzyMan said:
It was never alive.)

Just had some spikes, since got some playstation games and jrpgs.
But the date of FFXIII release is coming closer, also slim version and pricecut will be here soon too.
Also the fact, that cheapest PS3 model cost 40k for almost 2 years, worked in favour of x360.

However, x360 is done in Japan, it won`t be able to stand against FFXIII/FFXIIv/FFXIV and GT5 + slim/pricecut.
Wii is Next.

Price cut + GT5 + ... + ... + ... Belieeeeve !! BELIEVE !!

Price Cut + GT5 = ??? = PROFIT

Don't Believe + PS3 = ??? = B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Mmmh... rather : PS3 + GT5 * 2010 - Price cut % Loss = Y_O_U R_E_A_LL_Y N_E_E_D T_O B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

CrazzyMan wins. After all he did say 'wait until *insert list of games* comes out' and with that logic you cant lose.

The only reason it hasn't worked in the past is because the games listed were all wrong but not this time. Once they come out the 360 will be dead everywhere and then we will need just one more updated 'wait until....' to destroy the Wii and that comment will not be needed ever again.

Nowadays the only threads where CrazzyMan is still sounding arrogant are threads about Japanese console sales.

The fact that sales have even held up this long is amazing.

Still, the 360 has dropped low only to get to highs again, so i dont think this is the end of the 360 momentum. They have Gears 2 coming out, Magna Carta II and importantly NNN3II which will both be huge.

Lastly, its at 1.1 million units, which is great, and the software sales have always been strong despite low hardware in the past.

Lord Flashheart said:
CrazzyMan wins. After all he did say 'wait until *insert list of games* comes out' and with that logic you cant lose.

The only reason it hasn't worked in the past is because the games listed were all wrong but not this time. Once they come out the 360 will be dead everywhere and then we will need just one more updated 'wait until....' to destroy the Wii and that comment will not be needed ever again.

BUT WAIT

Wait until someone comes along with a list of Wii games that are coming out, and THEN suggests that possibly/perhaps/maybe/who knows Nintendo COULD POSSIBLY actually CUT the price of the Wii by $100 =))))

And bring out new colours that COMBINED with Monster Hunter 3, Wii Fit Plus, Mario Brothers Wii and great 2010 lineup....

Oh wait...

Got a bit carried away there. No console is dead in any market, yet. Yawn.

Around the Network

MrStickball wins again with a great post.

I personally think that MCII will have a big effect, IU wasnt bundled and shot the 360 up to something like 25k, and its shocking that MC reported 8k units which is EXCELLENT! Still, ive always trusted Famitsu and i dont know what got into them, ill always trust them more as they have bigger coverage, but if MC report the 360 holding up much better then clearly its doing something right.

And really, nobody is expecting MCII to put the 360 hardware at astronomical levels, though it might, the important thing is that there is a good long term effect as weve been seeing in the past few months.

Does anyone know the LTD for ToV in Japan?

..mmh bad figures... nothing a good 360-Hentai bundle can't solve

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Why am I not surprised it's Tim's new sockpuppet starting this.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Why am I not surprised it's Tim's new sockpuppet starting this.

I'm not sure how the mods haven't picked this one up.  They all have the same posting style and mantra.  Poor guy is living a fantasy life where he is 34 years old, makes 100k a year, and only owns a PS3 so he can come on here and pronounce his love all day long.