By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan hardware sales : new low for the 360. Is the 360 dead in Japan ?

mrstickball said:
JEDE - if a 50% boost is a crappy increase, then WSR was an abysmal failure to respark sales, no?

2,000 -> 3,000 is still bad. Play percentages all you want, but people care about a raw units increase.

@ Lost

nitpicker. KRPG.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Although the sales are low, its not shocking. Let's face it, the 360 isn't a big seller in
Japan
And MC II will help sales for a week or two max just like SO4 did, then it will go back to 5k/week until holidays

@zaMy

FF13 is PS3 exclusive in Japan and MGS is multiplat so my guess is that MGS: Rising will sell much more on PS3 in Japan

you could say the ps3 is dead as well. sub-10k sales are never impressive

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

the 360 has sold over 1 million consoles in japan which is not bad
for a non-japanese compnay. its just a slow week.
if anything all homeconsoles are dead in japan

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Whens Magna Carta out in Japan? Could help a bit.
Either way 360 still sold better then the original XBox. It's a viable market but I hope MS doesn't make the same mistake they did before, ie releasing tons of consoles at launch in Japan when the US had them OOS for several months.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

It's out the 8th

Lostplanet22 said:

Magna Carta 2 is not a JRPG just saying.

At last someone said it.

I can say that Microsoft is lucky to have sold one million Xbox 360's the way the Japanese buying public and merchants are about products made outside of Japan. As an example, when I was stationed in Japan, Kodak film was buried in the very back of every store I went to, while Fuji film was always on prominent display in the front.

Wow just wow! I don't know why some people have to act so immature.

No, more likely Japan is dying :)

I believe half of the Japanese x360 sales went to other Asian countries like China (where 360 hasn't released yet due to political issues) or some other places.

Japanese are very close minded, they don't buy stuff from other countries...