By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan hardware sales : new low for the 360. Is the 360 dead in Japan ?

Gabriel84 said:
No, more likely Japan is dying :)

I believe half of the Japanese x360 sales went to other Asian countries like China (where 360 hasn't released yet due to political issues) or some other places.

Japanese are very close minded, they don't buy stuff from other countries...

Yet, Windows, McDonalds, and iPod are so popular.....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

i guess everything's dead, and plus 360 is the only console with an increase in year over year... PS3 is gna have a tough time before the holidays...

As for the wii, well my predictions seem harder and harder with every week passing by

Could be shortages.

Normally the X360 sells 5000 a week at a slow time of the year. It has sold on average 6500 on mormal weeks since July 2008 right before Tales of Vesprraia was released, and Japan started to love the X360.

It is such a weird market...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

It was never alive.)

Just had some spikes, since got some playstation games and jrpgs.
But the date of FFXIII release is coming closer, also slim version and pricecut will be here soon too.
Also the fact, that cheapest PS3 model cost 40k for almost 2 years, worked in favour of x360.

However, x360 is done in Japan, it won`t be able to stand against FFXIII/FFXIIv/FFXIV and GT5 + slim/pricecut.
Wii is Next.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Despite the best efforts of MS and affiliates, the 360 never took off in Japan. It just doesn't have the image, no matter how many good games it gets (it is, after all, the best JRPG console of this gen so far imo).
Japan as a whole has been a slow and dreary market the past two years or so and only handhelds seem able to move any significant numbers at this point.

Nothing new and certainly not something that hasn't been argued and debated to death on the forums. With the Japanese market being so slow overall, MS don't need high sales there, they have good NA sales and decent Eu/Others sales and are doing fine!

CrazzyMan said:
It was never alive.)

But the date of FFXIII release is coming closer, also slim version and pricecut will be here soon too.
Also the fact, that cheapest PS3 model cost 40k for almost 2 years, worked in favour of x360.

However, x360 is done in Japan, it won`t be able to stand against FFXIII/FFXIIv/FFXIV and GT5 + slim/pricecut.
Wii is Next.

Right yeah, this combination will make PS3 outsell Wii in Japan lifetime, why are you so blind Crazzy?

CrazzyMan said:
It was never alive.)

Wii is Next.

Price cut + GT5 + ... + ... + ... Belieeeeve !! BELIEVE !!

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

so what do u guys think is bigger, NSMB Wii or GT5?

Sardauk said:
CrazzyMan said:
It was never alive.)

Wii is Next.

Price cut + GT5 + ... + ... + ... Belieeeeve !! BELIEVE !!

Price Cut + GT5 = ??? = PROFIT

Don't Believe + PS3 = ??? = B_E_L_I_E_V_E