By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 Kazunori interview

http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=81324 

Its from E3, but it's the first Ive seen it. One point I would mention is that it seems GT5 might have only around 200 cars, I know thats alot but I was expecting more.

At 1.18 you will see what I mean. They ask Kaz whether there will be any cars not in GT4 and GT5p that will feature in GT5 and he replies 'Sure, there will be cars in GT5 not in GT5p'. When asked how many he says 'Not so many'

Discuss

Around the Network

The number 200 is never mentioned.

In regards to the "not so many" comment. It's most likely a mistranslation of some sort. One thing he may be talking about is car manufacturers in which case it's very unlikely there will be a ton that wern't in either GT4 or GT5 Prolouge. Maserati, Lamborghini, Bugatti, and Porche are the only ones that come immediately to mind for me.

Amar from GTPlanet and Neogaf has already revealed that there will be over 600 cars.

Seihyouken said:
The number 200 is never mentioned.

In regards to the "not so many" comment. It's most likely a mistranslation of some sort. One thing he may be talking about is car manufacturers in which case it's very unlikely there will be a ton that wern't in either GT4 or GT5 Prolouge. Maserati, Lamborghini, Bugatti, and Porche are the only ones that come immediately to mind for me.

Amar from GTPlanet and Neogaf has already revealed that there will be over 600 cars.

Thanks.

That comment confused me a little. Must learn Japanese!

One thing that I don't think anyone has twigged yet is that GT5 must have more than 800 cars - you heard it here first. I say this because GT PSP is going to have 800, and you'll (apparently) be able to connect the two games to transfer cars to GT5 from the handheld version. Thus GT5 needs to have all 800 of the PSP version's cars - but I seriously doubt they'd let the PS3 version have no exclusive cars with all that blu ray space to play with, so my bet is on 1000-1200.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

^800 would be great, but I cant see 1200 cars. They all have to have cockpit view and be photo-realistic, not to even mention some damage.

Around the Network

If there are 1200 cars say goodbye to realistic cockpit views and damage outside of WRC mode. Or expect the game to come out in the year 2014.

I thought it was confirmed to have over 900?

4 ≈ One

The PSP game should give a good idea of how many cars are gonna be in GT5. Think about it, GT5 has been in production for ages in one form or another. GT PSP has not. It was being developed early on in the life of the PSP but quickly put on the shelf until a short time ago. How did they get so many cars in the game? Simple; they took all of the car capture data they had for GT5 and quickly developed PSP models. Expect GT5 to have just about every car from the PSP version.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I think that means more manufacturers like ooooo let's say porsches and lamborghinis?

I doubt there will be 200 cars in GT5, seeing as there are 800 in GT PSP. I would guess over 1000 (with a lot of them being the same as GT PSP)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective