By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 Kazunori interview

Surely guys there is ALOT more important things about a simulation racer than the number of standard cars.

When are we gonna hear about the engines they have running the sim side of things. Also has the customization options for tuning and bodywork imrpoved? Can you have changable aerodynamic parts now, like available in real life for normal cars like a Skyline?

These are the things I would like to know.

Around the Network

Personally anything over about 20 cars is pretty much more than I will ever drive. Thats like having 100 different versions of each gun in a shooter game, seriously you do not need to drive them all. Once I find a single car I like, I tend to just drive that and nothing else.

Tease.

selnor said:
Surely guys there is ALOT more important things about a simulation racer than the number of standard cars.

When are we gonna hear about the engines they have running the sim side of things. Also has the customization options for tuning and bodywork imrpoved? Can you have changable aerodynamic parts now, like available in real life for normal cars like a Skyline?

These are the things I would like to know.

The new physics engine for GT5p will be used (its excellent btw) and Im not sure about the customization side of things. GT5p however had enough interior customisation (dampers, spring strength, turning angles, aerodynamics etc) but the onlt thing you could do exteriorly was change the tyres and colour of the car. Im guessing there might be more in GT5.

Squilliam said:
Personally anything over about 20 cars is pretty much more than I will ever drive. Thats like having 100 different versions of each gun in a shooter game, seriously you do not need to drive them all. Once I find a single car I like, I tend to just drive that and nothing else.

More cars add more value and replayability to the game, which is why its appropriate for GT5 to have tons of cars considering the next GT game wont be out until god knows.

More cars also make a difference for the Top Gear Track thing for me. I mean if I see the Stig on TV do a lap time in 'X' car, I want to be able to try and beat his time in GT5 using that same car.

And the red bit is very true, but there needs to be enough cars to appeal to alot of people. Also if the race competition gets tougher, you might need to buy a new car.

Taz! said:
Squilliam said:

More cars add more value and replayability to the game, which is why its appropriate for GT5 to have tons of cars considering the next GT game wont be out until god knows.

More cars also make a difference for the Top Gear Track thing for me. I mean if I see the Stig on TV do a lap time in 'X' car, I want to be able to try and beat his time in GT5 using that same car.

And the red bit is very true, but there needs to be enough cars to appeal to alot of people. Also if the race competition gets tougher, you might need to buy a new car.

Ya, I know that more cars are better, but for me so long as theres a 1990 MX5 in the collection, and a 1997 Honda Prelude Vtec, and a 1998 WRX STI Type R im pretty much happy. I don't drive any other cars in racing games, and if a race requires something else I don't drive it!

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Taz! said:
Squilliam said:

Ya, I know that more cars are better, but for me so long as theres a 1990 MX5 in the collection, and a 1997 Honda Prelude Vtec, and a 1998 WRX STI Type R im pretty much happy. I don't drive any other cars in racing games, and if a race requires something else I don't drive it!

I just had a picture in my head there of you holding up a Buggatti Veyron in your little Honda

Captain Slow

^ My WRX STI Type R objects to your rudeness!

Tease.

Was it not already confirmed that both the portable and PS3 versions will have 800 cars?

Squilliam said:
Taz! said:
Squilliam said:

You're in luck- Polyphony Digital are writing down recommendations for GT5!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

wholikeswood said:
Was it not already confirmed that both the portable and PS3 versions will have 800 cars?

Nope. GTPSP has 800, and that's confirmed. GT5's number of cars has never been confirmed beyond "a lot". Reliable unofficial leaks put the number above 600, but it almost certainly won't have as many cars as GTPSP. My guess is just under 620.