By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 Kazunori interview

@selnor : Alex Wurz is paid by Peugeot to say good things about Forza, it's called advertising. MS has a partnership contract with Peugeot.

Outside of advertising, real pilots acknowledge GT as the best simulation.

Around the Network
kanariya said:
Selnor trolling again.

How about tell us in detail how is GT5P physics far behind other games and how could it be improved?
GT5P doesn't have the most complex physics but it's pretty accurate.

The quick tune offers a large amount of tuning options.

Selnors brilliant conclusion is that since the game is on ps3 it cant have great physics.

selnor said:
dbot said:

Please don't get me wrong here. I not asking for a comparison between Forza and GT. It strikes me as odd that all PD talk about is how may cars. The other thing that worries me about the real driver comments is. 1. He isn't that great. 2. he mentions nothing about the lack of tyre modelling ( tyres are the only thing connected to a road, they are over 60% of the outcome of handling in a car ). Also GT5P does not have any physics engine for aerodynamic modeling. EG, coming out from behind a car at 180mph is gonna make your car move heavily in the turbulance. This is all stuff they have to have in GT5 just to match the competition.

It would be nice to see somone of this calibur comment on a GT game.

Selnor, every post you make concerning GT is a veiled reference to Forza.  To my knowledge, PD hasn't announced anything regarding the number of cars or really anything else related to GT5.  I don't want to get into the Forza/GT argument because it's a waste of time.  But I do notice that your are absent from threads when real comparable specs between the 2 games are announced.  It would be very easy to cherry pick the lack of "important features" in Forza such as the lack of Weather, day/night cycle, and rally or to wonder why Forza only renders in 720p compared to GT's 1080p.  But those differences in features, or lack of features, really have no meaning to me because I have no interest in Forza. 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

selnor said:

Please don't get me wrong here. I not asking for a comparison between Forza and GT. It strikes me as odd that all PD talk about is how may cars. The other thing that worries me about the real driver comments is. 1. He isn't that great. 2. he mentions nothing about the lack of tyre modelling ( tyres are the only thing connected to a road, they are over 60% of the outcome of handling in a car ). Also GT5P does not have any physics engine for aerodynamic modeling. EG, coming out from behind a car at 180mph is gonna make your car move heavily in the turbulance. This is all stuff they have to have in GT5 just to match the competition.

It would be nice to see somone of this calibur comment on a GT game.

Are the 5 times WRC champion and the 2 times drifting champ enough?

Did Alex Wurtz retire or get sacked by Williams?

Around the Network

Nelson Piquet Jr. & Fernando Alonso Play GT5 Prologue

July 23rd, 2009 by Jordan

It’s always kind of interesting to find out that a celebrity shares your hobby for sim racing – especially when that celebrity competes in the highest level of international motorsport!  Renault Formula 1 driver Nelson Piquet, Jr. gave lots of Gran Turismo fans something to smile about when he recently posted the above picture to Twitter from what appears to be his apartment in Monaco.  As you can see, he’s at Suzuka East with the “racing line” enabled – needless to say, that’s something that’s earned him some friedly jibes in our forums!  Regardless, Nelson embraces the web, and communicates frequently via Twitter about everything he’s doing – it’s worth following him at @NelsonPiquet_ (you can follow @GTPlanetNews, too!).

Of course, this isn’t the first time we’ve seen a Formula 1 star behind the wheel of a Gran Turismo game.  Nelson’s teammate and two-time F1 World Champion, Fernando Alonso, played Prologue (at High Speed Ring) against some lucky Spanish gamer last year.

http://www.gtplanet.net/nelson-piquet-jr-fernando-alonso-play-gt5-prologue/