By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal gear rising could sell over 10 million

7 is what the original MGS sold, on the original playstation, with a userbase of 100M. It was a full MGS game with Snake and all. MGS Rising is a spinoff and will have to sell on the PS360 userbase.

Conclusion: MGS Rising won't even sell half of that.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
KungKras said:
7 is what the original MGS sold, on the original playstation, with a userbase of 100M. It was a full MGS game with Snake and all. MGS Rising is a spinoff and will have to sell on the PS360 userbase.

It didn't even sell 7.

JEDE3 said:
KungKras said:

It didn't even sell 7.

Oh, well. MGS rising will sell less than half of the original MGS numbers anyway.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Ton77 said:
i think it'll sell more on 360. just a guess. i love MGS Series but i dont have a PS3. other than that MGS: Rising will be a HUGE Success.

yeah you keep sprinkleing crack on your cornflakes..... and with predictions from plannet earth

I think the ps3 will get 5 million alone (because of its larger fan base) and the 360 will get 2.75-  3.0 million.. maybe, I've heard a lot of 360 owners say they proberbly won't get the game

No.

Tease.

Around the Network

Now if it was MGS 5 then yea, but we still don't know much about the gameplay of this game.

Yeah right.....What kind of world do you live in? If you didn't know, there was a Metal Gear Solid for the xbox. If that bombed, what makes you think that the 360 will do any better? At most, they'll get 1 million for the 360.

It still surprises me that Konami is putting a spin-off of the series on the PS3 and 360 and the spirtual success of the series on the PSP. It doesn't make sense to me considering the current state of the PSP. When was the last time a PSP game held the top position on NPD or Chart Track?

They could have used that game instead to give them a better chance of making significant inroads into the Xbox 360's userbase and take advantage of the success the previous game brought to the PS3. Instead I see a game that Kojima gives the impression that he's unhappy with and being forced to make.

I guess if Konami is happy with MGS4's sales and never want to see the series become a major contender in Western markets similar to games like Call of Duty and Halo then they're on the right track. Maybe Metal Gear Solid: Rising might meet with some success but in my opinion it's an incredible missed opportunity on their part.

I'm passing on this crap and buying Peace Walker.

whats hilarious is outside of bitter fanboys (particularly on this site) this game has a ton of hype. The trailer is currently the most downloaded video on xbox live. It won't do 10 million IMO (thats Halo numbers your talking about) but 5-6 million would be a great success and could be possible as long as the game delivers.