By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal gear rising could sell over 10 million

BenVTrigger said:
whats hilarious is outside of bitter fanboys (particularly on this site) this game has a ton of hype. The trailer is currently the most downloaded video on xbox live. It won't do 10 million IMO (thats Halo numbers your talking about) but 5-6 million would be a great success and could be possible as long as the game delivers.

Has internetz hype, yes, but not real world hype. One thing that has real world hype right now is Modern Warfare 2.

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
BenVTrigger said:
whats hilarious is outside of bitter fanboys (particularly on this site) this game has a ton of hype. The trailer is currently the most downloaded video on xbox live. It won't do 10 million IMO (thats Halo numbers your talking about) but 5-6 million would be a great success and could be possible as long as the game delivers.

Has internetz hype, yes, but not real world hype. One thing that has real world hype right now is Modern Warfare 2.

XBOX Live is real world hype.  Thats not some random website, its the ENTIRE xbox community and if you go to most popular trailers for ALL OF XBOX LIVE Rising is the most downloaded trailer, even more than Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach.  Will it sell as much as those two Halo games?  Of course not BUT the fact that the trailer is doing that well is an indication that the Xbox community is certainly interested.

BenVTrigger said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
BenVTrigger said:

XBOX Live is real world hype.  Thats not some random website, its the ENTIRE xbox community and if you go to most popular trailers for ALL OF XBOX LIVE Rising is the most downloaded trailer, even more than Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach.  Will it sell as much as those two Halo games?  Of course not BUT the fact that the trailer is doing that well is an indication that the Xbox community is certainly interested.

Fair point, but people download whatever is free just for the hell of it, I still say it only has internetz hype going for it, I'll do some anectodal research at work on Monday and see.

If the game sucks it won't sell. We don't really even know what type of game it will be. Oh, and to say your passing on a game you know nothing about is just plain wrong. If it's a good game why would you pass on it? Also, you can't say the game will be crap cause you have no clue, and neither do I.

FilaBrasileiro said:
BenVTrigger said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
BenVTrigger said:

Fair point, but people download whatever is free just for the hell of it, I still say it only has internetz hype going for it, I'll do some anectodal research at work on Monday and see.

true true, and like I already stated I don't think the game has a chance in hell of hitting 10 million but 5 million to me seems perfectly doable.  Thats only 2.5 mill per console.  I think alot of people will be surprised by the quality of the game, just because its a spinoff doesn't mean it has to suck.  Kojima himself is still doing some work on the title, granted he's not as involved as he was in past metal gears but I don't think he's going to let something come out the door with the name Metal Gear Solid on it unless he's damn sure it has good quality.

Around the Network

10 MILLION?

You really think a Metal Gear hack and slash is going to sell 10 million?

I would say 3.5 million on PS3, 2 million on 360 if it's LUCKY.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It will sell very well.

No cause it probably won't even be a real Metal Gear game. "Lightning Bolt Action"

A spin off MGS game will be lucky to sell 4 million in total on the two systems.

NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:

my guess is that it will sell 6 million on ps3 and 4-5 million on 360.

The reason why think it will sell more on ps3 is because metal gear is very popular on playstation.

Bookmarked for future LOLs.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick