By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 graphical improvements since E3 ... wow!

E3 (June):

July:

E3 (June):

July:

Taken from the cutscenes, of course, not actual gameplay.

(Incidentally, I'm on a bit of a media blackout - this comparison aside - so please, no one post any spoilers that have been revealed at E3 or beyond. Thanks. =] )

Around the Network

Cut scenes are all generated in game, though in Uncharted 1 they used higher res models in cut-scenes, I think they are going to use the same ones in both for Uncharted 2, but it certainly look amazingly good

Pretty impressive. this game looks great.

Nice, can't wait to play this.

Looks amazing.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Cut scenes are all generated in game, though in ncharted 1 they used higher res models in cut-scenes, I think they are going to use the same ones in both for Uncharted 2, but it certainly look amazingly good

Nope. =)

Patrick: The characters in Uncharted are some of the most impressive video game models to date. They look even more impressive up close in the cutscenes. Are the in-game models any different from the cutscene models?

Richard: Thanks! Nope, the in game models are the exact same models that are used in the cutscenes. They also use the exact same textures. There really is no difference between them at all.

The only difference between the cutscenes and in game is a little higher quality lighting and shadowing. Hopefully not too noticeably different. We really wanted to keep the players immersed as much as possible. This meant using the same assets across the board.

Full interview can be read here.

Hmm I'm not impressed, because that was totally expected.

It's amazing what can be done in just a month. Look at Killzone 2 from December to January.

On another note, *SPOILERS FOLLOW*

Drake is Jak's father.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Its a good thing Sony developers have a huge focus on visual quality. That really seems to have a big impact on overall sales.

Multiplayer is probably the most important feature it seems now a days.

Hyams said:
Munkeh111 said:
Cut scenes are all generated in game, though in ncharted 1 they used higher res models in cut-scenes, I think they are going to use the same ones in both for Uncharted 2, but it certainly look amazingly good

Nope. =)

Patrick: The characters in Uncharted are some of the most impressive video game models to date. They look even more impressive up close in the cutscenes. Are the in-game models any different from the cutscene models?

Richard: Thanks! Nope, the in game models are the exact same models that are used in the cutscenes. They also use the exact same textures. There really is no difference between them at all.

The only difference between the cutscenes and in game is a little higher quality lighting and shadowing. Hopefully not too noticeably different. We really wanted to keep the players immersed as much as possible. This meant using the same assets across the board.

Full interview can be read here.

Oh... could have sworn Evan Wells said it was, but obviously not