By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD4 best shooter ever?

coolbeans said:
COD4 isn't even the best one in the series so no. There's hardly any replay value either, not sure what lead you to saying that.

What are you serious?

I take it you dont have Internet connection as thats where the replay value is. Remember this is the 21st century.

Around the Network

Certainly the best shooter that I have ever played... by some distance, even Killzone 2 is some way behind

Counterstrike is better. In 5 years, more people will be playing cs then Cod4. Personally, I've played more cs than every other game combined, totalling around 5000 hours. Cod4 was lots of fun but... it was mortal.

Citan said:
Carl2291 said:
Citan said:
Snake612 said:
COD4 is the best shooter I've played in awhile. The visuals were amazing, the gameplay was great and the storyline was very interesting. The online modes are pretty good too. I hoped that they would have a sequel to this game after what happen in the end. Finally, I will get to know what happen when I get my hands on Modern Warfare 2 this fall.

Story? What story? Oh you mean the hopeless efford in TRYING to tell a story in a millitary madness game?

I have to admit the opening was rather good, but it got worse and worse. And the english captain was a really poor made character.

I really tried to get into the story, but it was BOOORING. I`d rather watch the garbage movie jarhead instead of the story in COD4.

But a great game? Oh yes.

The story is actually pretty good, hence we are getting the first Call of Duty sequel

And Captain Price = win, i dont know how anyone could say otherwise.

Here are some reasons why I didn`t get into the story:

1. When you`ve watched Full Metal Jacket and understood it, games and movies that have pure military based storys turns into a joke.

I`m not saying Full Metal Jacket is unbeatable in military story-telling, but is definitly still the best. Stanley Kubrick is close to beeing a god.

2. The characters looked like dolls, and not humans. I have still to see western devs make lifelike humans in video-games. Don`t argue with me     there.

3. When you play a fps you want to shoot, not watch a story. (I forced myself to watch the story. That`s how I play games....)

1. I agree with you on FMJ, imo its only been bested by Saving Private Ryan.

2. Come on, for a game released back in 2007 it still looks pretty good today.

3. I agree, but the story still helps the single player part along. You dont need story mode to spend 25+days worth of time online

Carl2291 said:
Citan said:
Carl2291 said:
Citan said:
Snake612 said:
COD4 is the best shooter I've played in awhile. The visuals were amazing, the gameplay was great and the storyline was very interesting. The online modes are pretty good too. I hoped that they would have a sequel to this game after what happen in the end. Finally, I will get to know what happen when I get my hands on Modern Warfare 2 this fall.

Story? What story? Oh you mean the hopeless efford in TRYING to tell a story in a millitary madness game?

I have to admit the opening was rather good, but it got worse and worse. And the english captain was a really poor made character.

I really tried to get into the story, but it was BOOORING. I`d rather watch the garbage movie jarhead instead of the story in COD4.

But a great game? Oh yes.

The story is actually pretty good, hence we are getting the first Call of Duty sequel

And Captain Price = win, i dont know how anyone could say otherwise.

Here are some reasons why I didn`t get into the story:

1. When you`ve watched Full Metal Jacket and understood it, games and movies that have pure military based storys turns into a joke.

I`m not saying Full Metal Jacket is unbeatable in military story-telling, but is definitly still the best. Stanley Kubrick is close to beeing a god.

2. The characters looked like dolls, and not humans. I have still to see western devs make lifelike humans in video-games. Don`t argue with me     there.

3. When you play a fps you want to shoot, not watch a story. (I forced myself to watch the story. That`s how I play games....)

1. I agree with you on FMJ, imo its only been bested by Saving Private Ryan.

2. Come on, for a game released back in 2007 it still looks pretty good today.

3. I agree, but the story still helps the single player part along. You dont need story mode to spend 25+days worth of time online

Ok, we`re about to wrap this up, BUT come on saving private ryan....that anti nazi-movie made by the biggest religious director of all time. If you see Spielberg`s underlines in every movie it`s all about f****** religion and he`s way to be a missionary.

And that totally anti-nazi scene in the end was hopeless. All the germans was EVIL, but some people will never understand that you`re forced to be in the millitary. I read my father`s book about the war in Norway, and the EVIL germans weren`t all that EVIL. But the generals and government were EVIL. It won`t help when Spielberg is a jew. He sees things single-minded since the nazi were horrible with the jews.

A good director? Yes. A hopless religious jew? Yes.

Around the Network

There is no best, only better

wholesale jordan shoes 
Wholesale nike jordan
nike jordan shoes wholesale jordan shoes 

Wholesale nike jordan,nike jordan shoes ,wholesale jordan shoes

It dosent play good as a competetive game, COD2 was better in that way. But the singleplayer and the grahpics made it very popular among public players.

GoldenEye anyone?

Gilgamesh said:

GoldenEye anyone?

I will see your GoldenEye and raise you a Perfect Dark 64.

PCwise Half Life 2 for single player

and

Quake 3 or CS for multi...

You guys and your HD Grafix will never beat those and I have all of them.

If anyone mentions Halo I will come out of your screen and choke you.

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

It would have had a chance if there wasn't something called Half Life 1 and 2. But wait then there is Goldeneye 007. Well maybe next year.

COD4 was good, better than I expected for single player, but it just doesn't come close to standing with the Half Life series. Nothing much does anyways.