By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD4 best shooter ever?

I know COD4 hasn't sold 20 million.  I think I saw somewhere that it sold about 14 mill or so.

And i definitely don't think its the best shooter ever, It had an awesome campaign, but the multiplayer was very boring imo.  It may be the best shooter for some people bur for me it doesn't even make it into the top ten shooters.  I think Halo 3 is currently the best shooter out there, but thats just me...

Around the Network
silentmac said:
Gilgamesh said:

GoldenEye anyone?

I will see your GoldenEye and raise you a Perfect Dark 64.

PCwise Half Life 2 for single player

and

Quake 3 or CS for multi...

You guys and your HD Grafix will never beat those and I have all of them.

If anyone mentions Halo I will come out of your screen and choke you.

Believe my friend...

COD 4 is good but not my pick for best shooter.

Yep, i'm a girl

It depends on your definition of "shooter", I suppose.

If we count BioShock, that's my favourite.

If not, I would give it to Call of Duty 4. Please don't mention endless retro games, I'll take new technology and the ability to CONTROL A 3D WORLD (I'm looking at you, Syphon Filter) over heart and soul and proper storytelling anyday.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

COD4 is like the jack of all trades but master of none.

There are better single player games, and better multiplayer games, but that being said its a very nice package!

Around the Network

The game became immense because the multiplayer is amazing. But as a whole, the most overrated game i have ever played.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

NO!!!

Half life 2 is teh best FPS for me followed by Bioshock then KZ2

i still think the singleplayer is perhaps the best iv ever seen in a fps (especially the ending) but now iv got killzone 2 id say the multiplayer is better on that in my opinion

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Gilgamesh said:

I did the math once and the sales of COD4 on PC was around 2 - 3 million, it was much less then the PS3 version.

There might be 8 million people that played COD4 on the PC (download) but I'm pretty sure only 2 - 3 million actually paid for it.

I have always estimated COD4 would sell 10 millions on PC or close. 2-3 millions is a laughable figure for a game that rivaled World of Warcraft and Sims 2 on retail for months, and was the "Sims/WoW" on digital distribution services. It is still selling well too.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Every other shooter in existence. Its just fact.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.