By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD4 best shooter ever?

liees all liesss. goldeneye ftw!

Around the Network

Yes, without a doubt. Never has been a better one. Half-Life 2 comes close.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Yes, the only is perfect.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

NEVER_SAY_DIE_00 said:
Carl2291 said:
Its the only shooter that has had me hooked since day 1.

I would say yes, it is.

And... where did you get the 20million figure from?

4.5 million on ps3

7.5 million on 360

8 million on pc

It did not sell 8 million on PC

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58537

Activision publishing CEO Mike Griffith today noted that the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare has now sold over 13 million copies.

Call of Duty 4 was first released in November 2007, and had maintained its full retail price until recently. The title had sold 10 million copies by June 2008.

^That is all platforms combined.  If you go by VGchartz numbers and do some simple math it didn't sell anywhere near that well.

OT:  I think that it is a good shooter but to me not even the best CoD game.  The first will always be my favorite followed by World at War. 

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

This is a joke, right? And just a few hours ago I was wondering why such an ordinary game has been hyped so much... It's just another game with well working gameplay and decent graphics. And a try at storytelling. Well, a couple of deaths were something special, as well as some other scenes. But nothing great here.

If we're talking about shooters that are generally considered great, Half-Life is the one closest to winning in my mind right now. At least I can see where its reputation came from, even if I don't agree with it.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
This is a joke, right? And just a few hours ago I was wondering why such an ordinary game has been hyped so much... It's just another game with well working gameplay and decent graphics. And a try at storytelling. Well, a couple of deaths were something special, as well as some other scenes. But nothing great here.

I think we played different games. We're talking about CoD4 in this thread.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Of course its not. it doesn't come close to COD MF2. lol.

I did the math once and the sales of COD4 on PC was around 2 - 3 million, it was much less then the PS3 version.

There might be 8 million people that played COD4 on the PC (download) but I'm pretty sure only 2 - 3 million actually paid for it.

coolbeans said:
FootballFan said:
coolbeans said:
COD4 isn't even the best one in the series so no. There's hardly any replay value either, not sure what lead you to saying that.

What are you serious?

I take it you dont have Internet connection as thats where the replay value is. Remember this is the 21st century.

How would I not have an internet connection if I'm typing on here? Yes I'm serious, I do have my own opinion mind you and CoD2 is better than CoD4 in single player and multiplayer (IMO). 

Your personal opinion of the multiplayer is not an indication on whether the game has replay value or not. It happens to have a robust online multiplayer offering with many modes, and a consistent community to play with 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It has plenty of replay value. There is no denying that.

As far as my opinion goes, it's my favorite shooter ever in multiplayer and my favorite overall, although I've still yet to finish the campaign. I don't think it would be able to best Bioshock judging by the few missions I've played thus far though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Ive played a massive amount online and its still as addictive as ever.