By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Cross worst sequel of all time?? WTF???

ok i was watching a video on G4 and they were showing a list of the worst sequels of all time. Now some of the games they mentioned i can agree with. RE5 was good but it was dissapointing as shiva can do a good job wrecking the game for u. FFX-2 was good but it still wasnt a great sequel due to the fact of it being more liek a charlies Angels game. Those i can agree with but Chrono Cross?? really?? i no that both artistically and story wise it was different than chrono trigger, but to say its the worst sequel of all time is just downright insulting. This is one of the best RPG's i have ever played and it dosent deserve to be treated this way.

Around the Network

Why would you go and say something like that?!

Never mind! I don't watch G4 that much any more ( although I think Adam sessler is awesome and I hope I meet him this September) .

Check my profile out and see what my favorite game is!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

These lists are all about shock value. Of course, there were worse sequels. You know it. I know it. The American people know it.

Chrono Cross WAS pretty bad (compared to the original, not on its own), though.

Yeah, Chrono Cross was amazing. I'd say more, but hatmoza will be here to lay the smack down shortly. (Edit: Nevermind!)

I can't agree that FFX-2 was good, though. Ick!

The list was the most disappointing sequel, not the worst sequel

Around the Network

you know NEITHER FFX-2 nor Chrono Cross are the worst sequels ever

The worst sequel is probably some obscure game only 10K people have played, it was probably that bad

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

dsister44 said:
The list was the most disappointing sequel, not the worst sequel

If this is true then I can't can't really argue.  Chrono Cross (despite having an awesome M. Night Shababamallamaman "twist") was a big let down to me.

oh it was the most disappointing sequel

then they are correct

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

the worst sequel is Sonic the hedgehog.