By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Cross worst sequel of all time?? WTF???

Chrono Cross made me want to Vomit it was so bad.

Around the Network
Steroid said:

Somebody hold me back!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Steroid said:

Somebody hold me back!

WAT! Did you not play Chrono Trigger or somthing?

Is Twisted Metal Black on that list? Cause that game was @$$

Undying said:
Cross was fantastic, in fact i actually like it more than Trigger.

The few stand strong!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I'm very ambivalent about Chrono Cross. At the beginning I really REALLY loved it, and as time went by I stopped caring for the characters. I don't know if I really love it or sort of dislike it. I remember reviewing it and giving it 9.5 a long time ago, but for some strange reason it hasn't aged well inside my mind.

Chrono Cross is an excelent game but it's not a good sequel (they aren't saying that the game is bad or it's not better than the first game, they are saying that the game is not a good SEQUEL). Resident Evil is a great game but it's not "a good Resident Evil" or good sequel.

When the game doesn't have the same essence, it's probably not a good sequel and RE5 is here to show you what I am talking about

Good game =/= Good sequel.

Am I the only one that prefers Cross over Trigger?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Steroid said:
hatmoza said:
Steroid said:

Somebody hold me back!

WAT! Did you not play Chrono Trigger or somthing?

Compared to Chrono Trigger even games like FFVII are on the Unlimited Saga level.

Can't say I was disappointed with Chrono Cross, even though I played Trigger first. In fact I think they did a fantastic job with Cross. I mean, how do you continue the Chrono Trigger Story? Let Chrono disappear and have Marle, Lucca and some other girl traveling to already seen places and look for him? Let some evildoer pop up and force the heroes to again pick up arms and embark on a new journey?

I love how you in Cross faces the consequences of what you did in Trigger.

Imo Cross is one of the best sequels ever made. Burn me, hang me, jump on my toes...

hatmoza said:
Steroid said:

Somebody hold me back!

Please don't! Go ahead and be sure I'll support you...