By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chrono Cross worst sequel of all time?? WTF???

hatmoza said:
Steroid said:
Chrono Cross made me want to Vomit it was so bad.

Somebody hold me back!

He is not worth it hatmoza, let him be

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
hatmoza said:
Steroid said:
Chrono Cross made me want to Vomit it was so bad.

Somebody hold me back!

He is not worth it hatmoza, let him be

(Damn, I was just going to post using that image with some 'afraid of clowns?' joke...)

Seriously, Cross haters, Harle the French clown will haunt you for all eternity.

Edit: awww, she is awsome, she deserves another image.

I didn't watch the video, but are they talking about the same Chrono Cross that has a 92.22 average review on game rankings, and was reviewed 10/10 on Gamespot, 9.7/10 on IGN and 9.8/10 on EGM? That is pretty lame of G4!! Although I enjoyed Chrono Trigger more than Crono Cross I still enjoyed Chrono Cross more than any Final Fantasy not named 6 or 9.

Son1x said:
Am I the only one that prefers Cross over Trigger?

Nope! There are a few in this thread!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Yea I saw that but didn't bother editing. Good to see I'm not alone :)

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

As a JRPG it's not bad... as a sequel to Chrono Trigger it was massive fail. This isn't "worst" sequels it's "most disappointing."

They have a point, whats the point of having a SEQUEL (notice that word) if your not going to have the returning cast or gameplay that made it successful in the first place?

i think super mario sunshine is up there

They failed when they called MGS2 a bad game

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

naznatips said:
As a JRPG it's not bad... as a sequel to Chrono Trigger it was massive fail. This isn't "worst" sequels it's "most disappointing."

I don't agree. Everyone was expecting Crono would be present to a new adventure. IMO, Chrono Cross definitely isn't what I was expecting as Trigger sequel... it's much much better. Specialy how the relations are made. Simply sublime! Chrono Cross is how all sequels should be made.