By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo vs Gran Tursmo which brand is stronger?

yo_john117 said:
twingo said:

For one second forget you're bias ignorant opinions on the matter.

Pure facts.

GT best seller did 14.8m and Halo bestseller has yet to break 10m.

4 GTs did 45m = 11.25
3 Halos did 25m = 8.3

Simple nuf.

By the way judging things based on hype is foolish, doing so based on just one market ala NA makes you look like the stereotypical American unaware there's a whole world out there that does not revolve around you.

Actually screw all that.  All we really have to wait for is GT5, and if it outsells Halo 3 (or Halo: Reach since they are closer together when they release) than it is more popular than Halo if it doesn't  than its not more popular than Halo.  Because its all about the present no the past.  Also i will definitely be willing to make a bet with you that GT5 will not outsell Halo 3 or Halo: Reach (whicherver one you choose)

Exactly. We're talking about 3 Halo games this gen vs 1 GT game this gen (you can add GT PSP). If you talk about the present, we can say that more people are playing Halo now vs GT.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Around the Network
waron said:

there wasn't a single GT game that had as much attention as any Halo game especially Halo 3 that's why Halo is way bigger than GT. when there will be GT stamp on Mountain Dew or Pepsi and is covered on nongaming TV shows and press then we can talk.

GT may've sold better so far but it's only because when casual customer wanted to to buy good racing game salesclerk usually recommended GT game when casual customer wanted shooter game he knew only bout Halo and that's the difference. not to mention that there's already like 9 GT games on the market compared to 3 Halo games - if Halo series hit 50% GT sales with only 3 games on a systems that combined had somethin like 1/6 psx+ps2+ps3 userbase then it's hard not to call Halo series bigger than GT.

Marketing, my friend, marketing.

Brand wise, Halo completely OWN5 GT. Sales wise, of course, favors GT, but marketing reach - brand - are in Halo's favor. You have it plastered all over the place - at fast-food joints, on Slurpees, and has books about it - even a Guitar Hero track. And GT hasn't proven it's gonna be stellar in this gen yet. Even then, it won't have the brand power as Halo. There's even talk of a Halo movie - though that's kinda hard when you realized Halo jacked a lot of its flow from "Aliens."

Still, it's a huge brand, and only a pro-Sony type - a fanboy - would say otherwise. You can hate all you want, but the truth is clear - show me one GT mug, glass or doll - or even car set - in a Wal-Mart, Target or at a 7-Eleven.

Bingoo said:
currently halo

waron put it perfect.

This generation u dont see GT5 on news stations or anything like that. You probably wont see it on pop bottles or anything that big either.

Not only that but yes GT has outsold it... with more then double the ammount of games halo has. It might even be tripple.

Ill tell u right now you can tell which brand is stronger by the ammount of attach rate it has on its console and the ammount of consoles it pushes. Right now Halo dominates in both.

You see though GT pop up in magazines though.  Real race car freaks (writers) are talking/writing a lot about it.

madskillz said:

Brand wise, Halo completely OWN5 GT. Sales wise, of course, favors GT, but marketing reach - brand - are in Halo's favor. You have it plastered all over the place - at fast-food joints, on Slurpees, and has books about it - even a Guitar Hero track. And GT hasn't proven it's gonna be stellar in this gen yet. Even then, it won't have the brand power as Halo. There's even talk of a Halo movie - though that's kinda hard when you realized Halo jacked a lot of its flow from "Aliens."

Still, it's a huge brand, and only a pro-Sony type - a fanboy - would say otherwise. You can hate all you want, but the truth is clear - show me one GT mug, glass or doll - or even car set - in a Wal-Mart, Target or at a 7-Eleven.

Lostplanet22 said:
Bingoo said:
currently halo

waron put it perfect.

This generation u dont see GT5 on news stations or anything like that. You probably wont see it on pop bottles or anything that big either.

Not only that but yes GT has outsold it... with more then double the ammount of games halo has. It might even be tripple.

Ill tell u right now you can tell which brand is stronger by the ammount of attach rate it has on its console and the ammount of consoles it pushes. Right now Halo dominates in both.

You see though GT pop up in magazines though.  Real race car freaks (writers) are talking/writing a lot about it.

Even with a mention in a magazine doesn't mean folks know about it.

Here's what brand means - A brand is a name or trademark connected with a product or producer.[1] Brands have become increasingly important components of culture and the economy, now being described as "cultural accessories and personal philosophies".[2][page needed]

from wiki. There's no comparison - the Halo brand is way stronger than the GT brand. GT has yet - in any shape or form - to translate into anything in the real world. You can't even show me a GT-inspired console (Halo has 2) - nor can you find me GT dolls in mainstream.

Niche, yeah - it rocks, but mainstream is where you have kids drinking Halo-inspired Slurpees, fast-food joints offer Halo toys - and shoot, even the proposed NXE project has Halo toys. And doggone - even NASCAR had a Halo-inspired racecar! I've yet to see a GT-themed car on a racetrack.

I enjoyed GT on the PS2 - still have GT1 and GT2 - but facts are facts. Outside of the gaming community, few people know GT. Halo has reached into the real world on many, many different points.

Gamewise? Sure, GT own5 Halo at the moment, but brand - what brings in the bucks from all over, defaults to Halo.

Around the Network

Mario Kart kills any GT game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Nomad Blue said:
madskillz said:

Other than this picture, do you have any real shots of this car? And that's just one instance. What about - an MTV special? What about a mention on Keith Olbermann when Halo 3 came out? It was his no. 1 story that night.

BTW - what kind of car is that?

In terms of brand perception, Halo is far and away ahead, at least in America, and probably in Europe (though GT gives it more of a run for its money)

The issue of awareness is about a game being unique in the consumer's eye, which would be very hard for a racing sim.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

waron said:

there wasn't a single GT game that had as much attention as any Halo game especially Halo 3 that's why Halo is way bigger than GT. when there will be GT stamp on Mountain Dew or Pepsi and is covered on nongaming TV shows and press then we can talk.

GT may've sold better so far but it's only because when casual customer wanted to to buy good racing game salesclerk usually recommended GT game when casual customer wanted shooter game he knew only bout Halo and that's the difference. not to mention that there's already like 9 GT games on the market compared to 3 Halo games - if Halo series hit 50% GT sales with only 3 games on a systems that combined had somethin like 1/6 psx+ps2+ps3 userbase then it's hard not to call Halo series bigger than GT.

they is only 4 GT releases.

they only are about 40 million.

In America Halo is stronger, Everywhere else GT wins. Enough already with this nonsense. Why does this matter, both series are huge.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)