By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo vs Gran Tursmo which brand is stronger?

madskillz said:
@ Nomad Blue

Cool car, and inspired by the game.

However, here's the flipside of your argument:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5UgXwZB7OM

Unless i'm missing something(there was no audio to that video) that's just some guy who's chucked a shell/bodywork on top of whatever 4x4 that is.  The Citroen GT is a production* car.

* in the very loosest sense.

Around the Network

Don't use the bigger size of userbase against GT, a bigger userbase makes a game have a better brandname. Having a smaller userbase is only a disadvantage for brandname and there for Halo's brand name is smaller then GT. END OF STORY

Pretty much every GT game has sold better then every Halo game individual. That means MORE PEOPLE WANTED TO BUY GT BECAUSE OF THE BRAND NAME. It's not that hard to understand guys...

Just wait till you see GT5 sales before we take this discussion further

GT> Halo as it is now

/thread

Bye

psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
psrock said:
Alright time to end this. America is not the world folks. Halo is bigGER in America. That's it.

Halo 3 sales numbers:

9.85 million

7.11 million in NA
2.62 In others
.12 in Japan

Need I say more....

European tastes in Soccer games, and racing sims are equally unimportant in our eyes.

Truth is, Halo 3's american sales alone make it comparable to GT in brandpower.

GT is huge, but I'll never be able to see is as important of a franchise as Halo. In the end, it's just a racing sim. I realize that is just my opinion, but that's why I post, I guess.

It's like football verses soccer.

I mean, I certainly look down on soccer, lol. Europeans probably look down on American football.

We like different things. To us, Halo is the superbowl, and GT is a sport nobody even likes. it's totally different worldwide.

Reviews though, Halo wins, and sales per game too. So whatever.

this might be the worst post you have ever written. I am an American and I take offense to these statements, why is it so hard to imagine a game bigger than Halo, when there are so many already. Halo is the most hyped game in this world, but it wont even be in the top 10 selling games this Gen.

The probem is, most of you have forgotten how popular GT is, a lot of heart will be broken.

Are you serious? Your saying this generation Halo wont be in the top selling games this generation? To be totally honest either your pointing at Halo 3 or Halo: Reach and Halo 3: ODST also. Because I strongly believe Halo 3 is up there right now.

xlost8 said:
psrock said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
psrock said:
Alright time to end this. America is not the world folks. Halo is bigGER in America. That's it.

Halo 3 sales numbers:

9.85 million

7.11 million in NA
2.62 In others
.12 in Japan

Need I say more....

European tastes in Soccer games, and racing sims are equally unimportant in our eyes.

Truth is, Halo 3's american sales alone make it comparable to GT in brandpower.

GT is huge, but I'll never be able to see is as important of a franchise as Halo. In the end, it's just a racing sim. I realize that is just my opinion, but that's why I post, I guess.

It's like football verses soccer.

I mean, I certainly look down on soccer, lol. Europeans probably look down on American football.

We like different things. To us, Halo is the superbowl, and GT is a sport nobody even likes. it's totally different worldwide.

Reviews though, Halo wins, and sales per game too. So whatever.

this might be the worst post you have ever written. I am an American and I take offense to these statements, why is it so hard to imagine a game bigger than Halo, when there are so many already. Halo is the most hyped game in this world, but it wont even be in the top 10 selling games this Gen.

The probem is, most of you have forgotten how popular GT is, a lot of heart will be broken.

Are you serious? Your saying this generation Halo wont be in the top selling games this generation? To be totally honest either your pointing at Halo 3 or Halo: Reach and Halo 3: ODST also. Because I strongly believe Halo 3 is up there right now.

I am saying it. Halo 3 won't be in the top 10 games of this Generation.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

But wasn't Halo and Halo 2 last generation was? I expect Halo 3 to do the same. I highly doubt GT5 will sell considerably high this generation. It is a well establish series but I don't think it will sell with opening numbers or have the extended legs like Halo 3 is doing.

Around the Network
Wandamaximoff said:
Halo! Didnt gt prologe sell rubish!?

3,6 Million for a demo rubbish?

GT4:P did 1,5 Million on a 120Million Userbase

1. Wii sports
2. Wii play
3. Wii fit
4. wii sports resort
5. Mario kart wii
6. Wii fit +
7. New super mario bros. wii
8. Modern warfare 2
9. GTA4
10. COD5

In no particular order though as I don't know the sales out of my head. And that's not even taking handheld games into consideration AND I SHOULD.

ElectronicRocker said:
Wandamaximoff said:
Halo! Didnt gt prologe sell rubish!?

3,6 Million for a demo rubbish?

GT4:P did 1,5 Million on a 120Million Userbase

You could download GT5:P though.

xlost8 said:
But wasn't Halo and Halo 2 last generation was? I expect Halo 3 to do the same. I highly doubt GT5 will sell considerably high this generation. It is a well establish series but I don't think it will sell with opening numbers or have the extended legs like Halo 3 is doing.

I am not debating HALO as a brand, it's huge. I bought a xbox to play the first one, the best one. But, its popularity is so strong in America, Americans think no other is as big. Well, there plenty franchises bigger because they are stronger everywhere else. GT will sell  well in NA, OTHERS and Japan. And the wii games will dominate the game market this Generation.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Why is it that Gran Turismo 4 on its fourth game on the PS2 sold less than Gran Turismo 3?