By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sources Confirm GTA IV DLC for PS3 Soon.

I was disappointed when the dlc went exclusive, good news that the rest are on the station too. I really dont understand the mocking GTA gets. Sure opinions are great and as valid as mine but theres a reason GTA is huge. The sad thing is these people are the teens who think JRPG's are still great when in reality they are going downhill rapidly. Only FF and a rare few are worthy.
Hopefully Sony can get hold of the Lost and the Damned because the quick hands on I had was awesome.

Ynwa.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
DirtyP2002 said:

The DLC was the smartest move MS could have done.

1. it was a loan --> MS has a pile of cash, around 20 billion so 50 million won't hurt them at all and it is cash they will get back anyway
  2. The Lost and damned was downloaded more than 1 million times --> more than 20 million USD revenue on Xbox Live and the 2nd DLC is still coming
  3. They showed the world that they got the "superior" (I know...) version of GTA IV and advertised this well. GTA was heavily associated with Playstation, now everybody knows that this is one the 360 as well.
  4. This was an important step for digital distribution and a big plus for Xbox Live

Sony would have done the same, but they don't have this pile of cash.

You are grossly exagerating it's importance. The average consumer probably had no idea it had DLC when they bought it, I never saw it advertised anywhere before the game was released, only talked about on game forums. And I don't really see how it did anything special for DD...

If it was a 50m dollar loan, Rockstar lost money on this DLC, seeing as how they would have to pay back Microsoft. If Microsoft covered the cost of development, then they lost some money.

1. MS talked about this whenever they could.
  2. There were even ads running on German TV for the Lost and Damned - you don't see much Gaming ads in Germany at all. And they covered the whole Xbox Live Dashboard for weeks with TLD
  3. It is the most successful DLC ever released on a console. NO DLC ever before created a revenue like this before - so they did something for DD
  4. You can't say anything about who lost money on this. How much is it to produce DLC for a game? How much interests would Rockstar pay for a 50 million USD loan to a bank? Did MS claim any interests at all? etc etc

I really do like this listing-feature :D

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

TyePhoid_PAL said:
I was disappointed when the dlc went exclusive, good news that the rest are on the station too. I really dont understand the mocking GTA gets. Sure opinions are great and as valid as mine but theres a reason GTA is huge. The sad thing is these people are the teens who think JRPG's are still great when in reality they are going downhill rapidly. Only FF and a rare few are worthy.
Hopefully Sony can get hold of the Lost and the Damned because the quick hands on I had was awesome.

Theres alot more great jrpg's than open world gang games.

DirtyP2002 said:
Aj_habfan said:
DirtyP2002 said:

1. it was a loan --> MS has a pile of cash, around 20 billion so 50 million won't hurt them at all and it is cash they will get back anyway
  2. The Lost and damned was downloaded more than 1 million times --> more than 20 million USD revenue on Xbox Live and the 2nd DLC is still coming
  3. They showed the world that they got the "superior" (I know...) version of GTA IV and advertised this well. GTA was heavily associated with Playstation, now everybody knows that this is one the 360 as well.
  4. This was an important step for digital distribution and a big plus for Xbox Live

You are grossly exagerating it's importance. The average consumer probably had no idea it had DLC when they bought it, I never saw it advertised anywhere before the game was released, only talked about on game forums. And I don't really see how it did anything special for DD...

If it was a 50m dollar loan, Rockstar lost money on this DLC, seeing as how they would have to pay back Microsoft. If Microsoft covered the cost of development, then they lost some money.

2. There were even ads running on German TV for the Lost and Damned - you don't see much Gaming ads in Germany at all. And they covered the whole Xbox Live Dashboard for weeks with TLD
  3. It is the most successful DLC ever released on a console. NO DLC ever before created a revenue like this before - so they did something for DD
  4. You can't say anything about who lost money on this. How much is it to produce DLC for a game? How much interests would Rockstar pay for a 50 million USD loan to a bank? Did MS claim any interests at all? etc etc

Why would rockstar need a loan if they just released gta4?

$50Million for timed exclusives? Lawl

Around the Network

I'll buy it if it contains GTA:SA for Ps2

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

DirtyP2002 said:

Why do you say this was a loan?  Take two didn't book it as a loan, and the little that has been said about it doesn't make it sound like a loan.  MS gave Take two 50 million dollars.  Take two removed a 25 million dollar liability when they delivered the first installment.  Nobody knows the profit sharing arrangement for sales via xbox live.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

nah i barely care , the game itself was booooooooooooring, its like as if Rockstar toke everything fun out of SA and made the graphics better.

@TowlieFTW
of course, alot of people are still playing this game, and alot of people want to buy this game badly , alot of people are sheep.

Agreatsplit said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Aj_habfan said:

Why would rockstar need a loan if they just released gta4?

Company offers to loan you 50 million to develop DLC for a series that is a 10+mill seller. How stupid of a business owner/manager do you have to be to say no to that??

Why would a company not take a loan if it is offered to it and is favorable for company?

DirtyP2002 said:
Aj_habfan said:
DirtyP2002 said:

1. MS talked, but only gamers listen to MS.

2. I saw a couple ads for Lost and Damned, no denying that, but before GTA IV released it wasn't very well known. I imagine if someone already bought it on PS3, they wouldn't want to rebuy it on 360 or buy a 360 just for the DLC.

3. It made the most revenue because it was one of the most expensive. Didn't Castle Crashers just pass 1m too? Maybe it helped Xbox Live a bit, but no affect on DD in general.

4. If they borrowed 50m I imagine they thought they would need 50m dollars to produce all the DLC, no? If it only made 20m revenue, Rockstar is in trouble. Even if it only cost half of what they borrowed, it's likely they are just breaking even now.