By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sources Confirm GTA IV DLC for PS3 Soon.

Sources from outside of Rockstar have also independently confirmed this report. According to Kaufman Bros. analyst Todd Mitchell, Take-Two and Rockstar are expected to release these two brand new downloadable episodes for Grand Theft Auto IV in fiscal 2010, and are gearing up to release GTA V the following financial year.

Microsoft allegedly paid up to $50 million to support development of two exclusive downloadable episodes for the Xbox 360,The Lost and the Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. Following the commercial success and high quality of The Lost and Damned, Rockstar wishes to extend the life of GTA IV as far as possible while it works on the true follow-up.

We just hope that by the time these downloadable episodes arrive on the PS3, we still have time to play them. Grand Theft Auto IV is no longer the only open-world shooter in town, and PS3 owners have tons of other high-quality releases in 2010 to look forward to, such as Rockstar's other exclusive project, Agent.

A screenshot from GTA IV downloadable episode The Lost and Damned.

http://www.ps3informer.com/playstation-3/news/sources-confirm-gta-iv-dlc-for-ps3-soon-010513.php

If its true do u care about ? i sure dont.

Around the Network

I don't care either, but I don't care about GTA in general, so that's quite a moot point. I'm sure there are people out there who care though

DO NOT WANT.

GTA IV was horrible IMO.

Let me show you why they call me the velour fog. Hit it.

I met her in a club down in old Soho,

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like coca cola,

C-o-l-a, cola.

She, walked up to me and she asked me to dance,

I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said;

Leela, L-e-e-l-a, Leela, Lee, Lee, Lee, Leela

Leeeeeeeelaaaaaaaa

MS pays, Sony gets later?

haha.

Where does it say that it will release the Microsoft exclusive dlc?(forgive me i am going on 2 hours of sleep)

They may just release more dlc for the ps3 and the 360.

And i believe that the 50 million was a loan

Around the Network

how credible is the source (the site in this case) have any of their previous rumors come true or are they just doing it for clicks in this slow summer ?

Seems reasonable, though I would prefer GTA V or Agent sooner

Xen said:

haha.

"New downloadable episodes."

Xen said:

haha.

Thats business. :)

On topic, no, i dont care, i haz inFamous, and inFamous >>>>> Prototype >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GTAIV.

People still play GTA 4?