By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sources Confirm GTA IV DLC for PS3 Soon.

Most likely they could fit all the episodes and the original game on a single bluray so this would still be "exclusive DLC".

Around the Network

O great. I dont want this at all, i hope this doesnt end up on psn.

FootballFan said:

Well that's selfish of you. You may not want it, but what effect does it have on you if it is put on the store?

I know lots of you guys are trying to be a bit tough here, "We don't want your DLC!!!" to avoid having to admit you wanted something that was on 360, but don't act like this isn't something important.

^ you're not giving the DLC credit for what it was intended to do, deter customers from buying the ps3 version.

And they did that, the series came to a brand new console and it outsold the console that previous had the fanbase of 10mill+ GTA fans. That's getting the job done. Xbox franchice has lost billons of dollars and people are laughing at MS dishing out $50mill to screw over Playstation? Best 50mill MS has EVER spent.

ymeaga1n said:
^ you're not giving the DLC credit for what it was intended to do, deter customers from buying the ps3 version.

And they did that, the series came to a brand new console and it outsold the console that previous had the fanbase of 10mill+ GTA fans. That's getting the job done. Xbox franchice has lost billons of dollars and people are laughing at MS dishing out $50mill to screw over Playstation? Best 50mill MS has EVER spent.

You think that was the reason? And not the 7 million lead in install base?

Because it was mainly a PS2 franchise plays little effect - I wouldn't be surprised if more previous PS2 owners own a 360 than PS3.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
FootballFan said:

Well that's selfish of you. You may not want it, but what effect does it have on you if it is put on the store?

I know lots of you guys are trying to be a bit tough here, "We don't want your DLC!!!" to avoid having to admit you wanted something that was on 360, but don't act like this isn't something important.

There are many, many things i would like off the 360 and the market place and GTA DLC is certainly not high on my list. It doesnt really effect me if its put on the store, I think it will flop hard on PS3 and this could potentially when R* realise that PS3 sales of there game are alot lesser than the xbox equivilents, they might consider making the agent multiplat. I know they said tehy wanted to make it 40Gb or something but they could just use 10 discs or whatever, so i guess that consequence would effect me :P

FootballFan said:
Aj_habfan said:
FootballFan said:

There are many, many things i would like off the 360 and the market place and GTA DLC is certainly not high on my list. It doesnt really effect me if its put on the store, I think it will flop hard on PS3 and this could potentially when R* realise that PS3 sales of there game are alot lesser than the xbox equivilents, they might consider making the agent multiplat. I know they said tehy wanted to make it 40Gb or something but they could just use 10 discs or whatever, so i guess that consequence would effect me :P

why does it matter if it(the Agent) goes multi-platform?

ymeaga1n said:
Agreatsplit said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Aj_habfan said:

You are grossly exagerating it's importance. The average consumer probably had no idea it had DLC when they bought it, I never saw it advertised anywhere before the game was released, only talked about on game forums. And I don't really see how it did anything special for DD...

If it was a 50m dollar loan, Rockstar lost money on this DLC, seeing as how they would have to pay back Microsoft. If Microsoft covered the cost of development, then they lost some money.

1. MS talked about this whenever they could.
  2. There were even ads running on German TV for the Lost and Damned - you don't see much Gaming ads in Germany at all. And they covered the whole Xbox Live Dashboard for weeks with TLD
  3. It is the most successful DLC ever released on a console. NO DLC ever before created a revenue like this before - so they did something for DD
  4. You can't say anything about who lost money on this. How much is it to produce DLC for a game? How much interests would Rockstar pay for a 50 million USD loan to a bank? Did MS claim any interests at all? etc etc

I really do like this listing-feature :D

Why would rockstar need a loan if they just released gta4?

Company offers to loan you 50 million to develop DLC for a series that is a 10+mill seller. How stupid of a business owner/manager do you have to be to say no to that??

Why would a company not take a loan if it is offered to it and is favorable for company?

Ok so they get no extra cash for doing it for one platform instead of two and yet there not stupid? MS paid them simple as.

dsister44 said:
FootballFan said:
Aj_habfan said:
FootballFan said:

why does it matter if it(the Agent) goes multi-platform?

Exclusives make a console. It gives variation to the consoles and more people will want to buy the different consoles.

I want MGS4 MARIO KART and HALO3      

This means that they could potentially buy 3 consoles which would help to boost the industry. Boosting the industry means there are more people to buy games and hence the developers would then hopefully feel that they can produce more quality games that will get the sales they deserve. Most people on this site are multiple console owners and its got to help SONY, MICROSOFT and NINTENDO.

PS AJ_HABFAN, Im not selfish :)

Aj_habfan said:
ymeaga1n said:

You think that was the reason? And not the 7 million lead in install base?

Because it was mainly a PS2 franchise plays little effect - I wouldn't be surprised if more previous PS2 owners own a 360 than PS3.

I'm about 110% sure it wasn't the 7 million because GTA IV was announce for x360 at e3 2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_IV#Development).

1. PS3 wasn't released.
2. X360 was at 3.5 mill
3. Everyone assumed PS3 would come out and mow down wii and xbox. Take-two included.

Are you joking about it being ps2 franchise has little effect? How do you make that argument even? Were PS2 fans saying "im going to get the next xbox instead of the ps3" before the ps3 was even released?