By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Epic make a game for the Wii?

naznatips said:
It's not even that Epic makes bad games. I don't dislike them for their games, I dislike them for their business practices. I absolutely recognize Epic as a very good video game publisher. I also agree with you Konnichiwa that there are many people who buy games for realism and violence. That's just not what I care about and it's never been what I cared about.

We all have our own gaming preferences. There is no reason that We can't coexist despite liking different styles of games and art, and there is no reason to ever insult someone else for liking a different type or style of gaming than you do. That last part isn't directed at you konnichiwa.  I know you don't do this.

Hmm I can't say now I totally agree with you because I can buy games for their realistic visuals.  God of war is one of my favourite games and years ago the same about Gran Turismo.

And for the rest you said I agree and that is why I like Okami so much. It really hurts me that that game didn't sell well.

Around the Network
Peter Potamus said:

@ClaudeLv250

I've read these forums for over a month now, but I started to post recently because i've had keyboard problems. I know who Hus is, i'm not stupid. I am nowhere near Hus in the way I post, so don't accuse me of being Hus.  Not everyone likes the Wii, and I have my opinions. Like I said, I'll post on forums that I belong in. I hope others do the same. Some people have this problem on this website.

I thought Hus was already banned for a month.

I never met a person like you....

I guess I shall trust you then.  I don't care if HUS is back or not, who knows he maybe got some brains now.

Hus is one of those people who would make up a name in half a second, and create a topic about Wii fanboys and such. I'm not that dumb.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

Peter Potamus said:
@Snesboy

Thats something you say when you never played a decent looking game on the Wii. Gears and UT3 have fantastic visuals. You wish that the Wii could produce half of that. After all, it is a Gamecube 1.5.

Hello ___________,

This has been discussed countless times. Wii is 2.5 times more powerful than GameCube. And of course the Wii can produce half of what 360 can do. Ever heard of an obscure game called Super Mario Galaxy? or Metroid Prime 3? (EDIT: /sarcasm) I know these games may not be recognizable to the average gamer, but they push the Wii's graphics further than what people thought possible.

I quote nine0nine:

It depends how much of an improvement you class as a generation leap, sure the wii does have better graphics than the xbox, but then that does have better grapphics than a PS2, based on pure graphical power i think theyre all pretty much in the same class.
I find it hard to get excited about so called next gen graphics personally, ive been gaming so long and seen so many amazing forthcoming games that its grown old to read how many millions of polygons are in each characters fingernails.

The other thing i find with 'next' gen is, yeah the 360 and PS3 are so much more powerful than their previous generation, but most of that power is taken by the HD resolution bump, on a SDTV, the graphics are still an improvement, but its not what i would call vast. Since about 75% of gamers still use SDTV, i dont think the Wii will fare too badly once its being utilised properly.

As far as im concerned, if games such as Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 were in 720p, they wouldnt look out of place on a 360.

There you have it.

See, I can't buy games for realism. I can buy games for plot. I won't avoid all voilence and gore, it's just not what I search for. For example, I'm really looking forward to Half-Life 2 Episode Two. Yeah the game is full of violence and gore, but I really like the design and plot. Realism though? Eh, it's never interested me much. I appreciate good graphics and leaps in technology, but that's not what I look for, and it's never been a determining factor for me when purchasing games or game systems.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:

As far as im concerned, if games such as Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 were in 720p, they wouldnt look out of place on a 360.

Uhm you should compare A 360 game with a Wii game then as example

Kameo VS Super Mario Galaxy.

I am prettty sure  SMG woul be a better game but I think the most realistic visuals one will be Kameo.

Kameo is a GameCube game ported to 360. I have seen it. It looks like crap.

Besides, that is a quote and therefore I don't need to defend it!

nine0nine! I need your help!

Snesboy said:
Kameo is a GameCube game ported to 360. I have seen it. It looks like crap.

Kameo LOOKS like Crap?

This game visuals were great and even the gameplay was great.

It was not the best Platform game but it is for sure a game that every platform gamer should 
have played.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/7952.html

I find it silly that people think you can't make money on the Wii unless you sell yourself to Nintendo.

Does being owned by Nintendo suddenly make your games better?

konnichiwa said:
I am prettty sure  SMG woul be a better game but I think the most realistic visuals one will be Kameo.

Excuse me but a fantasy game like Kameo looking realistic? No no no people, we got the wrong ideas here...

About the video, aside from what has been mentioned already (game style, themes, etc.), I think Epic already knows that the people who has a Wii and may be interested on their games, already has a decent PC. There's no point on doing them for the Wii in the business sense.