By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Epic make a game for the Wii?

Legend11 said:
Well Mark Rein does have a point, if you don't believe 3rd parties are just fighting for scraps take a look at the Gamecube, 9 of the top 10 best selling games on that system were from Nintendo (numbers 1-9 on the list no less and Nintendo also takes spots 11 and 12). Now compare that to the PS2 where 8 of the to 10 were third party and the Xbox where 6 of the top 10 were third party. Now looking at the Wii there's 2 third party in the top 8 but it is very obvious that they'll soon be pushed off the list by Nintendo's own games (SMG, SSBB, Mario Kart).

I have to agree with LordTheNightKnight here, maybe the Nintendo 3rd party song and dance isn't the most elusive but honestly by in large 3rd party devs never really gave the cube a chance. Luckily over the past few weeks we have heard a lot of good things from 3rd party devs towards the Wii and I don't think we are going to see a repeat of the cube support.  

Actually, I can't think of any games released on a Nintendo system that were considered AAA or even just AA that didn't sell well.  The fact is that if you make a good game its going to sell because people enjoy good games.  If any company is afraid that they cannot deliver a good title and aren't willing to try then I have to question if we want them on the system.

Just to be clear, what I am saying is that if Epic would be going in to a Wii project with a timid attitude the result would probably not be pretty.  So in that regards, until they are ready to give the console full support and put the kind of effort behind it that they do all their big games, I don't want them to make a game for the Wii.   

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
GranTurismo said:
I just watched the video, all i have to say is LOL at the wii. He Says its last gen and crap. I love Epic even more now.

It's people like you that put the boy in fan.

He stated that he suspects most of the money gained supporting Wii would go to Nintendo themselves and that they simply have too much already planned to evaluate whether they can gain anything off of it.

As for actual 3rd party sales, 14 of the top 20 sellign Wii games by E3 2007 were 3rd party.  50% of all software revenue generated were for 3rd parties.   That myth you can't make money on an N console has already been debunked in the first 7 months of the Wii's lifecycle.

The rEVOLution is not being televised