By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Epic make a game for the Wii?

konnichiwa said:
Snesboy said:

If he doesn't think the Wii platform is good for his company's image, then he must not know what a thing called "money" is.

1) Epic games are always know for their great visuals.

2) I prefer a company that makes games not for the money but for the gamers.

Exactly, well said konnichiwa.

Around the Network

If you had simply asked me this question -- without a clip to go with it -- I would have said: "Absolutely not. They are the thematic opposite of the Wii's philosophy." Which is pretty much what Rein said here, although I assume you posted this because of the added dig. 

I'll say this again: I believe that Gears of War represents the antithesis to the Wii, and should be considered a symbol of games that are appropriate for the 360/PS3 but not for the Wii. High end graphics, lots of violence, and most importantly (in my opinion) an "I'm such a badass" feel to the game that's a bit hard to describe. God of War oozes that same quality, if that gives you the gist I'm going for. Not just beating up bad guys, but looking so cool -- at least, what 15-25 year old males would define as such -- while doing it.

That's not exactly a knock on God/Gears of War, by the way. While they aren't my style of games, I definitely recognize that both are well made.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

konnichiwa said:
Snesboy said:

If he doesn't think the Wii platform is good for his company's image, then he must not know what a thing called "money" is.

Um...hmmm...do you have any in mind?  I wasn't aware of a non-profit developer...must be a new thing.

@super_etecoon

Well look at this Tecmo and Team Ninja supported the original Xbox and it did awful for there games. But they are still making scarfices and developing for the console. Even in Japan, they were still backing Microsoft.

I guess Microsoft money talks.

Well Epic would never try to make any game that fits in for a casual console like the Wii. Gears of War sports for the Wii! Including big heads, playing tennis, bowling and outrageous mini games! Rated E for Everyone.

Didja get that thing I sentcha?

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
konnichiwa said:
Snesboy said:

Um...hmmm...do you have any in mind?  I wasn't aware of a non-profit developer...must be a new thing.

... Do I say they don't make profit?

If a developper wants to make money they make just a licensed game and make every year of that game a sequel with some updates and guess what people will buy it.

I have a great idea for that kind of game:  make a beat um up where all fighters are famous presidents.  You know beat the crap out of Poetin with George Bush.....

I prefer something like Epic who puts a lot of efford to bring something we didn't see before.
Like they did with GEOW.

konnichiwa said:
Snesboy said:

"You don't play graphics, you look at them."

That's fine; I'd rather not have games like Gears on the Wii - the 360 can keep 'em.

Konnichiwa...your signature pwns all for creating the most confused post ever...lol

And speaking of Sports games...any idea when that fad will go away and they start actually puttting some development time into their titles?

Bodhesatva said:

If you had simply asked me this question -- without a clip to go with it -- I would have said: "Absolutely not. They are the thematic opposite of the Wii's philosophy." Which is pretty much what Rein said here, although I assume you posted this because of the added dig.

I'll say this again: I believe that Gears of War represents the antithesis to the Wii, and should be considered a symbol of games that are appropriate for the 360/PS3 but not for the Wii. High end graphics, lots of violence, and most importantly (in my opinion) an "I'm such a badass" feel to the game that's a bit hard to describe. God of War oozes that same quality, if that gives you the gist I'm going for. Not just beating up bad guys, but looking so cool -- at least, what 15-25 year old males would define as such -- while doing it.

That's not exactly a knock on God/Gears of War, by the way. While they aren't my style of games, I definitely recognize that both are well made.

I completely agree. 

Plus, as I have said before many times, I refuse to buy Epic's games because of their corrupt business practices.  It's kind of ironic that some people think they care about gamers rather than money considering their history...