By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Halo 3 sells 3.83 million copies worldwide in 5 days

Man, I guessed 2.73!

The last thread said it sold 2.63, now this one says 2.83? I was so close!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Man, I guessed 2.73!

If you were guessing North America Only you were really close!

BenKenobi88 said:
Man, I guessed 2.73!

Not 2.83 but 3.83 (according to this).

But of course that's still disappointing because MontanaHatchet is not impressed...

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

MontanaHatchet said:
Meh, I'm not impressed...

Haha how can you not be impressed with BEST EVER? What is more impressive than that???

(Especially considering how many more people had a PS2  than 360)

cctaximan said:
My god It's sold more than Gears of Wars in just 5 days!!!

Gears of War is at ~4.7 million worldwide right now, but Halo 3 should be easily past that by the end of the year.

Around the Network

Wow, impressive numbers for the first week. I thought it would do maybe 3 million WW the first week, but over 3.8 million WW is stunning. I hope sales stay relatively high.

Any guesses for how it will do by the end of the holidays this year?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

leo-j said:
@vengi

dam... Halo 3 is one for the history books.

@leo-j

It will be, first page, 2nd line.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Legend11 said:
cctaximan said:
My god It's sold more than Gears of Wars in just 5 days!!!

Gears of War is at ~4.7 million worldwide right now, but Halo 3 should be easily past that by the end of the year.

Yeah ... maybe even before holidays ... nice performance for Halo 3 ... Ibet it will pass 10 million worldwide if it goes well for them . I hope that Sony will have at least one game with similar performance :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

So more than one third of all 360 owners already have the game. It will follow the trend of movie trilogies though with each sequel opening better but having worse legs than the previous version. I really think the hype is rediculous. It's a great game, but nothing is worthy of near 40% of a systems ownership buying it in the first 5 days. Anyway if you believe the hardware sales numbers on this site the Wii is just going to dominate the holiday season, Halo 3 did not give the 360 enough of a spike to make it possibly competitive.

smbu2000 said

Any guesses for how it will do by the end of the holidays this year?

By end of 2007: 4.5-4.8 million in NA (and close to 7 million world wide).

Personally I'm hoping Halo 3 will reach 10 million world wide some time next year. That would be big.