By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "BAWWWWWW! Good games shouldn't be on the Wii!"

There's been an odd resurgence of bawing at Wii games as of late (the most recent being the overblown rumor of Marvelous' entire Wii catalogue magically going multiplat, a method of coping after the initial bawing) but the worst offender I've seen was that Damon douchebag from IGN who actually went off on Nintendo for providing their own console with their best games. This was beyond envy and into crackpot territory, he was actually throwing a tantrum because Super Mario Galaxy apparently had no right to be on the Wii and its lack of dual analog platformers (!?) Now I don't know about you but I've been playing Super Mario since the NES and not once has dual analog controls been a requirement or an addition, and the one Mario game on a platform with two sticks often gets slammed.

Even worse, the bawing is extending to the DS now...case in point: Final Fantasy Gaiden. Its no secret that the DS is getting the bulk of SE's games, Final Fantasy included, and yet this announcement still managed to create a stream of bitter tears.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

PullusPardus said:
MGS4 had bad controls?

imo it had the perfect controls for switching from first person to third person , i think only hitman did that sort of thing in these types of games

RE4 got bad mouthed?

"Game Informer gave both editions of Resident Evil 4 a perfect score, and along ranking number one on their list of "Best GameCube Games of All Time" they named it their 2005 Game of the Year.[26] It tied with Kingdom Hearts II as Famitsu's Game of the Year 2005."

its just that you dont know capcom , once it doesnt make much money they port it, and RE4 is such an overrated game IMO , though i own both the Gamecube and Ps2 version , and the Gamecube version is complete, thought the ps2 version was a joke compared.

RE4 was laregely attacked by the gaming community before its PS2 port. Reviewers had little bad to say about it.

As for MGS4... I certainly don't think the controls are terrible, but hardly what I would call quality AAA or polished. The point was it was a trivial matter much like that of Monster Hunter 3's controls. And while you're entitled to the claim the controls are just fine forgive me for not being a bit suspicious of the assessment of a Metal Gear Solid game by someone with a Fox hound avatar. Nothing personal, I'm just' sayin'.

Also, claiming to be a #1 Final Fantasy fan (in your signiture) in this day & age after the debateable downward spiral that has followed the Square-Enix merger doesn't help your case here. Hey, we all have our guilty pleasures when it comes to gaming, but Final Fantasy and Square-Enix in general doesn't get most gamers excited anymore for a reason.

Sorry about this nitpicky tangent and by all means, keep loving the games you love no matter what anyone else says, just don't expect more discerning or critical individuals to turn a blind eye to some obvious warning signs. 

Aye i dont see anything bad about MH 3 controls since the game didn't release yet, but im sure its NOT going to be bad, since its bundled with the classic controller, as for my sig , i didn't claim that myself, click on the link to see yourself, though i am looking forward for FF13.

Dj hero was the best game for wii at e3 in gametrailers opinion, if thats not PS3/360 fanboyism i don't know a thing.

I Have an extreme tolerance to voice-work in video games. I didn't mind Vanille in FFXIII...

Yeah I don't get the logic of the anti-Wii hardcore. When the Wii gets a casual game, they criticize. When it gets a hardcore game, they criticize. According to them the Wii is not allowed to have casual OR hardcore games apparently..

Does anyone have an example thread for what the OP is talking about? I just don't see this happening on the forums very often at all or very recently.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Wow so much hostility. just let the fanboys complain all they want. it doesnt change anything

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Eh. does it even matter? If they want them bad enough they will buy a Wii. Just like if I want a PS3 game bad enough I would get a PS3. (or get my friend to buy the game and steal thiers for a bit )

Onyxmeth said:

Does anyone have an example thread for what the OP is talking about? I just don't see this happening on the forums very often at all or very recently.

Oddly enough I've seen plenty of the opposite. 

Like the endless threads about how Resident Evil 5 should have went to the Wii instead.  It doesn't matter that they're getting two or three Resident Evil games already they want them all.  Or the one from someone asking about Final Fantasy being exclusive to the Wii, I guess getting Dragon Quest X, 2 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Dragon Quest Swords, etc isn't enough.  Or the thread about Modern Warfare 2, I remember reading where someone actually wanted them to cancel the other versions of the game and have it as Wii exclusive, you know since it sold over 10 times as much on the HD consoles.

These people have all the casual games and some of the hardcore ones but that isn't good enough for them.  They think the Wii deserves every game in every genre, even when the games sell better on HD platforms.  Grand Theft Auto 4 has sold over 13 million on HD platforms, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars isn't even near 1 million yet, but guess what, some people think the next Grand Theft Auto game should be a Wii exclusive.  It's like Pokemon to these people, gotta get them all!  Then they constantly talk doom and gloom about the HD platforms and how it's going to be all Wii third-party domination.  When someone argues that it isn't happening and gives reasons, for example the large amounts of hardcore games that the HD platforms sell,  they're labelled a "Wii hater".

Some people should take a look at their own actions before complaining about what other people are doing....

Legend11 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Oddly enough I've seen plenty of the opposite. 

Like the endless threads about how Resident Evil 5 should have went to the Wii instead.  It doesn't matter that they're getting two or three Resident Evil games already they want them all.  Or the one from someone asking about Final Fantasy being exclusive to the Wii, I guess getting Dragon Quest X, 2 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Dragon Quest Swords, etc isn't enough.  Or the thread about Modern Warfare 2, I remember reading where someone actually wanted them to cancel the other versions of the game and have it as Wii exclusive, you know since it sold over 10 times as much on the HD consoles.

These people have all the casual games and some of the hardcore ones but that isn't good enough for them.  They think the Wii deserves every game in every genre, even when the games sell better on HD platforms.  Grand Theft Auto 4 has sold over 13 million on HD platforms, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars isn't even near 1 million yet, but guess what, some people think the next Grand Theft Auto game should be a Wii exclusive.  It's like Pokemon to these people, gotta get them all!  Then they constantly talk doom and gloom about the HD platforms and how it's going to be all Wii third-party domination.  When someone argues that it isn't happening and gives reasons, for example the large amounts of hardcore games that the HD platforms sell,  they're labelled a "Wii hater".

Some people should take a look at their own actions before complaining about what other people are doing....

I see what you're saying, and the point you're trying to make should definitely be realised. We are all guilty of wanting specific exclusive games on our console of choice, whatever it may be.

I am however, going to call bullshit on the majority of your post. I did not witness these endless threads about how Resident Evil 5 should have been on the Wii instead, but rather asking for a port or something similar to the Wii console. This is fairly reasonable, as Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition is arguably the greatest RE title ever, and a lot of people didn't like the on rails shooters. In the case of the Final Fantasy exclusive to Wii thread, i think i know which thread you're talking about, and the OP of said thread expressed wishes of numbered FF titles to be exclusive to Nintendo consoles, not specifically the Wii. Dragon Quest and Crystal Chronicles are great, in fact i'm totally fine with it, but i guess some others just want the numbered entries as well. I have not seen this Modern Warfare 2 thread. The Wii does not have a GTA title which is why some think the next entry should be a Wii exclusive, and Chinatown Wars is selling well.

These apparent things you've been seeing seem incredibly unrealistic. I do not remember anyone talking doom and gloom about the PS3/X360, though i'm quite sure there are more than a couple recent "Wii is doomed" articles. I don't think anybody has said it's going to be all Wii third party domination... the most i've heard is that third party's are trying harder on the Wii than before.

I don't know about you but i label a Wii hater as someone who never has anything nice to say about the console, or its games and simply hates on anything related to it. When someone argues negatively against certain Wii related subjects, they should keep their arguments sane and vice versa. It's actually not hard to tell when someone is arguing rationally or when they are just flat out hating.

The Wii doesn't deserve great games anymore than the other consoles. It doesn't however, have a large number of triple A titles similar to the ones on other consoles. I think the overall point Onimusha12 was saying is that when great games do show up on the Wii, owners of the PS3/X360 complain that the games should instead be on their console with bizzare claims that they'd somehow be better off on those consoles.

How technical is your game?

Is this about the Marvelous thread? Yes, I want to play Rune Factory on my ps3 because I only own one current gen console. Sorry if that offends you.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka