By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "BAWWWWWW! Good games shouldn't be on the Wii!"

ameratsu said:
Is this about the Marvelous thread? Yes, I want to play Rune Factory on my ps3 because I only own one current gen console. Sorry if that offends you.

I think this is more about people saying that good games SHOULDN'T be on the Wii, somehow suggesting that it is less deserving of said games, rather than people wishing or hoping that a specific favourite game would also come to their console, as is your case.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
ameratsu said:
Is this about the Marvelous thread? Yes, I want to play Rune Factory on my ps3 because I only own one current gen console. Sorry if that offends you.

I think this is more about people saying that good games SHOULDN'T be on the Wii, somehow suggesting that it is less deserving of said games, rather than people wishing or hoping that a specific favourite game would also come to their console, as is your case.

Again, where are these threads? Can someone just link me to a few key examples, because I just haven't seen this at all.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onimusha12 said:

Heaven forbid these days the Wii get a game with good graphics or a game HD enthusiasts actually want because then we must listen to them go on in length about how it should be on the PS3 or 360 every day until launch and so forth. Why is it such problem for a good third party game to be on the Wii? Why must games like Monster Hunter 3, Murmasa: Demon Blade, Tales of Graces, Arc Rise Fantasia and No More Heroes be subjected to this negativity? Since when was Japanese targeted franchises a Sony monopoly after the downfall of the Western focused PS3?

Have people been so spoiled by the Wii not having any worthwhile games that they are without means to cope with the fact that it is getting games they do want? And what's with all the nitpicking?! They attack and downplay these envied games with a double standard such as criticising Monster Hunter 3's controls and gameplay but seeing nothing wrong with the awkward and cumbersome controls of a game like Metal Gear Solid 4.

It reminds me of Resident Evil 4, when it was still a Gamecube exclusive everyone said it wasn't that great a game and tried to play it down, but the second it got a PS2 port it was suddenly GOTY!

Did people like it when 360 gamers were on their heels of PS3 gamers about MGS4 being a multiplatform game? No? Then be quiet. The age of the single console solution died with the PS2 and neither the 360 or the PS3 is going to get every game you want. Maybe we all should've developed better coping mechanism sfor not getting the games we want on our consoles of choice than simply just telling ourselves it had to be a bad game anyway.

This is hilarious coming from the person who "heard" about how bad MGS4 was and proceeded to argue with me throughout an entire thread downplaying the game without having a single second of first hand experience with it.

Onyxmeth said:
hsrob said:
ameratsu said:

Again, where are these threads? Can someone just link me to a few key examples, because I just haven't seen this at all

Sorry i wasn't clear, I was just clarifying the supposed claim of others rather than my own opinion.  I too am yet to see evidence of this.

hsrob said:
Onyxmeth said:
hsrob said:
ameratsu said:

Again, where are these threads? Can someone just link me to a few key examples, because I just haven't seen this at all

Sorry i wasn't clear, I was just clarifying the supposed claim of others rather than my own opinion.  I too am yet to see evidence of this.

Ahhh...ok. Gotcha. Well let's you and I take a seat on a park bench and patiently wait for this then.

(Onyxmeth patiently waits on a park bench next to his friend hsrob)

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

people here are putting such a good arguement that I don't know whose side to choose.Ok what I think about this nonsense about how wii games shouldn't be on wii. Its like this.People are not wii haters but graphic whores. You see they are afard if the wii starts getting alot of 3rd party support they think its downgraded.Most people want them on hd systems.So they try to say its a flop to discourage other 3rd party support.Now this on consoles. On the ds and psp their is little fanboy comments like these

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

the gc version of RE:4 sold over half of what the ps2 version sold (1.69 mil : 2.93 mil) with about 1/4 of the user base.

I'm pretty sure most gamers were pretty happy with the game.

killeryoshis said:
people here are putting such a good arguement that I don't know whose side to choose.Ok what I think about this nonsense about how wii games shouldn't be on wii. Its like this.People are not wii haters but graphic whores. You see they are afard if the wii starts getting alot of 3rd party support they think its downgraded.Most people want them on hd systems.So they try to say its a flop to discourage other 3rd party support.Now this on consoles. On the ds and psp their is little fanboy comments like these

I've seen evidence that Wii fanboys are graphics whores as well. Every time a game has circular shadows, there are complainers, completely ignoring the fact that the Wii only have around 24MB (more if it dips into the GDDR3 RAM or EDRAM) for graphics, while the 360 and PS3 have 256MB (give and take depending on the game, Dead Rising 2 will obviously use more RAM for zombie AI). They can afford a chunk of RAM set aside for a bunch of lighting effects. The Wii can't.

Either way, a game should be judged on whether it's fun. I don't think Saints Row two is good because of the graphics. I think it's good because it's a fun game. Same as GTA III (which I just wrote a review here).

And just to get it out of the way, Dead Rising is not a valid argument against putting those games on the Wii. Porting (as loosely as the term applies to this game) is just about as much to do with experience with the system as anything else. Name one game like Dead Rising that was made for an HD system, and then made for the Wii, and without even a scalable engine to facilitate porting it. Seriously, I'm actually curious if there is one. All I can think of that was even ported to the Wii at all (since World At War is multiplatform) is Table Tennis, and that's not like Dead Rising.

Basically, Dead Rising opened the door, and now further Wii games from the HD systems will look better because now they have a foundation to build upon (RE4 would not have looked nearly as good on the PS2 if Capcom hadn't done so many games for it already).

But what the whiners don't get is that this won't cost them their core HD games. It's already clear there is an audience for them on those systems (even PC games in the NES years stuck around). Nintendo has even made it clear they don't want core games to go away, as their E3 show indicated.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I myself haven't noticed this until now since these are the minority of the user they'l be ingored over and over again and people will live on with their lives no matter how many times they try.

Onyxmeth said:
hsrob said:
Onyxmeth said:
hsrob said:
ameratsu said:

Ahhh...ok. Gotcha. Well let's you and I take a seat on a park bench and patiently wait for this then.

(Onyxmeth patiently waits on a park bench next to his friend hsrob)

I'm sick of sitting on this bench, i'm going to get something to eat. Want anything?