By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii's Bubble Bursting? --First Japan, now UK

No... The Wii "bubble" is nowhere near bursting. Here's why

The Wii has yet to have a SINGLE pricecut in any reigon. This would certainly boost Wii sales.

There also has been no additional colors released which should definetly kept boost sales, especially in Japan.

Monster Hunter 3 and DQX.. These games alone will single handedly carry the Wii in Japan for months.

Games Like NSMB Wii and Mario Galaxy 2, and the inevitable new Zelda will keep sales of the console high worldwide. Wii is still selling very strongly in all areas but Japan, which simply has a drought in new Wii games atm. But once this changes, things should return to normal.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:
BoleroOfFire said:

@Rol: Do they really air Kim Possible in Austria?

Not sure if they still do, but they used to. Since Austria has access to all of the German channels, it isn't a problem to watch Kim Possible.

So are Germany's two biggest American imports David Hasselhoff and Kim Possible or what?

No, the Hulk Hogan show "Thunder in Paradise" was much bigger than KP can ever be.

Didn't that involve a talking boat?

Knight Rider had a talking car.

Talking inanimate objects  must be huge in Germany.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
BoleroOfFire said:

Not sure if they still do, but they used to. Since Austria has access to all of the German channels, it isn't a problem to watch Kim Possible.

So, do you really like it?  Just curious.

@amp: Why do you think I left?  And how else would I have known that he had gas?  Lol.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Wii bubble burst? Really?

Price Cut?
Bundling?
New Colours/SKU's/Models ?
New Big Games ? Wii Sports resort etc. etc.

There is a lot that nintendo can do to increase Wii Sales in every Region.

@Rol: Cool.  I never knew they had a Lilo and Stich crossover episode.  I loved the movie.  Btw, would you happen to know what Lolcislaw is talking about?

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network

Folks let's keep discussions civil and on topic.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Hey do not hate on me for being a little anarchistic. This console war has been stagnant for what eight or nine months now. I say some serious reversals and market diversification could actually encourage some fresh debate. I say if some given expectations were challenged or dethroned we might actually see some more participation on these forums.

Hell this could be a god send for the Nintendo community which has basically found itself as both complacent, and increasingly left out of the debate. Which is always about the 360 and the PS3. A good story needs some conflict. A little conflict at the door should be welcomed. What I am saying is this could get real entertaining.

With Final Fantasy XIII in Japan, The 360 making some moves in Europe, and Nintendo the king of the hill sliding down. Now that would be a situation that could really get a three sided debate going. You cannot blame me for wanting to see the war actually heat up rather then what has to amount to trench warfare. You know where nothing changes for months or years on end.

BoleroOfFire said:
RolStoppable said:
BoleroOfFire said:

So, do you really like it?  Just curious.

@amp: Why do you think I left?  And how else would I have known that he had gas?  Lol.

Like I said, I thought that maybe a smell was coming from his direction.   

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

tuoyo said:
Folks let's keep discussions civil and on topic.

Thank goodness you aren't a moderator.  I'd get banned every other day.

I wonder if rol will ever get a blu-ray player

mM