By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii's Bubble Bursting? --First Japan, now UK

The Wii has captured the Casuals, hardcores, it's time to move on the next market.............

The HARDCORE CASUALS.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

Formula Zero - 23rd century, people creating a racing league in the spirit of the Formula 1 from the 20th/21st century, with an extra dose of thrill. What a brilliant idea. This just might stop the Wii bubble from bursting.

I buy that over some lame Kid Icarus game.  Remember that rumor?

Yeah, it was started by that IGN guy, Matt Cassamassarassabassanassina or something like that. I am so happy that I don't have such a painfully long surname.

A new Kid Icarus game also made no sense when you think about it. It has been more than 15 years since the last game, so shouldn't the kid be an adult by now?

WHUZZA? A Kid Icarus game might actually might allow me to pull my Wii out of hibernation.

the wii is loseing its steam. people got it because it was the cool console
and also the motion contoller which made it cool.
i guess all the causel gamers got the wii allready.
and wii games GFX cant compare to the 360 and PS3.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

Formula Zero - 23rd century, people creating a racing league in the spirit of the Formula 1 from the 20th/21st century, with an extra dose of thrill. What a brilliant idea. This just might stop the Wii bubble from bursting.

I buy that over some lame Kid Icarus game.  Remember that rumor?

Yeah, it was started by that IGN guy, Matt Cassamassarassabassanassina or something like that. I am so happy that I don't have such a painfully long surname.

A new Kid Icarus game also made no sense when you think about it. It has been more than 15 years since the last game, so shouldn't the kid be an adult by now?

Yeah.  If they were to do a sequel it should be called something like Icarus: Blood On Death's Wing.  He would be all grown up and only shave like once a week and smoke cigarettes.  He would be the true definition of an antihero. It would be a FPS and multiplayer would be it's biggest draw.  You could have 666 player death matches. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

All good things must come to an end. It has never been a question of if, but a question of when. Nintendo was courting a fickle and undefined market. To expect excessively prolonged stability may have been a bit too zealous on the part of some. Not commenting on whether these numbers are right or wrong. Hell I am not even commenting on whether this is a start of a global trend.

However I will say this if the Wii did begin to dump massive amounts of its momentum the console war debates could heat up in an interesting way.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
@psrock

Wrong, games like WSR aren't frontloaded so while they might not make a big bump in HW first week (in Japan at least) they will make bumps or similar sales to when the game launched in upcoming weeks.

@Gilgamesh

Well, if everything starts in Japan then once next month rolls by the Wii'll be monstrous again

@Rol

But Atelier also has lolis. Don't you like lolis?

I am confused Soriku, which post of mine are you responding to?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
amp316 said:
I wasn't aware that a Boom Blox sequel was released. It must have something to do with the Wii's bubble bursting.

Did I just step into a time warp or something.  I could have sworn you said the exact same thing in a thread about two weeks ago.  And yet we all know that you bought this game on the day it was released.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Are we still waiting for ioi's take on this? Hopefully he can shed some light....

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

RolStoppable said:
tuoyo said:
amp316 said:
I wasn't aware that a Boom Blox sequel was released. It must have something to do with the Wii's bubble bursting.

Did I just step into a time warp or something.  I could have sworn you said the exact same thing in a thread about two weeks ago.  And yet we all know that you bought this game on the day it was released.

Aren't you the guy who posted in every Wii Music thread?

@ tuoyo  Are you accusing me of being unoriginal and of spamming?

@ Rol  Yes he is.  Also, I didn't realize that highly defined nose hair was now a trend.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

maybe after their games that are releasing this fall/winter. come out and then we can judge better wii's position in the market. also if the wii gets outsold this christmas, which has never happened since its release, then the bubble could be bursting. but as of right now, i dont think so.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1