By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii's Bubble Bursting? --First Japan, now UK

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
I wasn't aware that a Boom Blox sequel was released. It must have something to do with the Wii's bubble bursting.

Hey, maybe your celebrity theory is right after all. I think the new Boom Blox didn't have a "Steven Spielberg presents" stamp on the box, that's why nobody cared for the game.

Hmmm.  I wasn't aware of that.

Well I wasn't aware that the game even existed so it would make sense if his name is absent from the box. 

He came out to endorse Natal at E3 so I'm certain that it will be a runaway hit.

Yeah, just like the first Boom Blox was.

You know, since Microsoft used the same exact words at E3 09 that Nintendo used at E3 06, it's plausible that MS will announce a vitality sensor in 2012.

Even though no one, including myself, knows what a vitality sensor is this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Didn't they announce a kart racing game?  Or was that Sony?  Or was that both of them?  I'm confused.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

seriously what are the two of you going on about!

rofl lol rofl!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

Yeah, just like the first Boom Blox was.

You know, since Microsoft used the same exact words at E3 09 that Nintendo used at E3 06, it's plausible that MS will announce a vitality sensor in 2012.

Even though no one, including myself, knows what a vitality sensor is this wouldn't surprise me at all.

Didn't they announce a kart racing game?  Or was that Sony?  Or was that both of them?  I'm confused.

Both of them announced a kart racing game, but Sony's is different because it also has usergenerated content. Guess they both just had to copy a company that is known for having original ideas. I feel kinda sorry for EA that their MySims Racing gets already cloned after such a short time on the market.

Isn't the Sony game suppose to be part of the Create , Play, whatever it's called line that LBP is part of?

Wasn't EA Sims Racing a sequel to their Nascar Kart Racing that came out like a month earlier?

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

Both of them announced a kart racing game, but Sony's is different because it also has usergenerated content. Guess they both just had to copy a company that is known for having original ideas. I feel kinda sorry for EA that their MySims Racing gets already cloned after such a short time on the market.

Isn't the Sony game suppose to be part of the Create , Play, whatever it's called line that LBP is part of?

Wasn't EA Sims Racing a sequel to their Nascar Kart Racing that came out like a month earlier?

EA is so innovative that they make multiple games of the same idea. You know how the saying goes: "EA Ports - It's in the game (you already bought last year)".

I have heard rumors that even Nintendo is going to jump on the kart racing bandwagon. I remember the good old times of the NES when Nintendo was leading the market with new ideas, but there isn't much left of the glory of the past days.

Yeah.  Nintendo is all out of ideas.  This is why they are doing a 2D platformer following in the footsteps of Little Big Planet.

This thread amuses me a great deal. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

EA is so innovative that they make multiple games of the same idea. You know how the saying goes: "EA Ports - It's in the game (you already bought last year)".

I have heard rumors that even Nintendo is going to jump on the kart racing bandwagon. I remember the good old times of the NES when Nintendo was leading the market with new ideas, but there isn't much left of the glory of the past days.

Yeah.  Nintendo is all out of ideas.  This is why they are doing a 2D platformer following in the footsteps of Little Big Planet.

Sorry mack Rolstopable is ours now.

SaviorX said:
I don't know how this could've gone unnoticed here for the entire year.

I figure ioi would've caught notice of something like this months ago.

It is not an entire year rather since febuary onwards.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
RolStoppable said:
welshbloke said:
RolStoppable said:

So they are confirmed to be real now? Do me a favor and give me a link, because I am too lazy to search through the forums right now.

We have two sources quoting different information based on GfK data. Unless GfK come out and say they made a mistake then I fail to see how we can confirm this short of waiting for any official comment which may be forthcoming or not.

I am also skeptical as this was unexpected although some anecdotal evidence may of pointed to this it is fair to say nobody predicted this kind of swing (Time for the BBC swingometer montage again).

Is the other source gamesindustry.biz? Found that in the original thread, but it doesn't seem to contain any different information.

Not that I don't think that the numbers could be real, but in the case of such a big turnaround I'd like to make sure that these numbers are correct, before we are all making a big fuzz about it.

Yes, I am probably wrong but I thought the GI post contained the information about the 92k first weekend sales for DSi but that information was not in the Game report.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

The 66% drop of Wii sales on both Japan and UK are disasterful to Nintendo, no matter how much die hard Nintendo fanboys downplay it. Damn, it is like PS2 2001 to PS2 2008 sales, literally.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
RolStoppable said:

I am shocked myself that they are going to release such a blatant ripoff of one of the highest rated games this generation. But I should have known better after Nintendo released its answer to Sony's Home last year, Animal Crossing.

All Nintendo does nowadays is churning out 35 new Mario games per year.

Yeah.  Once in a while they put out a Metroid or Zelda game to try to shut people up. 

Maybe they should whore out Link now since they already did Link's Crossbow Training.  They could release Link Party next year instead of Mario Party 9 and it will seem fresh.  

I would make a joke anout Samus being in a Mario Kart game but it would be lame.