By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Surprises of this gen.

Well, in matter of sales, wich games you think developers expected some sales but somehow they incorpored legs and passed their sales expectation by many times? I think MHF2G,Call Of Duty 4 and Wii Fit were this surprises.

Around the Network

mario kart wii for sure. ask anybody when it was released if they thought it was going to sell 15 million, and they woulda been like, hellz no! all they cared about was gta back then

Yeah, Mario Kart Wii was a big surprise. I mean, everyone knew it was a popular series, but I think a lot of people expected it not to even beat Brawl :P

and sure as hell not the combined sales of gtaIV for 360 and pstripple

im glad it did though. lol

Xbox Live. Never did I realize that online gaming would be great on a console if it was integrated properly. Even Playstation Fans should be grateful for xbox live as it has forced Sony to step up their game on the Playstation Network.

Around the Network

Wii fit!!

MotorStorm. Evolution released a decent offroad racer, the likes of which had been made many times before, and it crossed 3 million sold. Then there was an unpleasant surprise in MotorStorm 2. Same with Resistance, although Resistance 2 also sold very well.

Gears of War. It was a new IP, and yet it sold massive amounts, even on the 360's then-tiny userbase. Microsoft must have expected it to sell well, but to cross 5 million...

I won't name anything on Wii, because EVERYBODY will name those

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Pretty much EVERY mini game collection on the wii

The way nintendo sells games by the millions. Even Imagine Babyz has sold 2.7 million copies (more than blockbuster titles)

Carnival Games.