By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK GfK Chart-Track Hardware Installed Bases through June 27

I think you people don't know Microsoft. Do you honestly think they do not keep track of they and their competitors sales as they happen? Do you honesty think if they had even sold on equal footing with the wii for most of the year, their PR department wouldn't have trumpeted it everywhere? You all know the answer.

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

Around the Network

The thing is that so long as this data is accurate any points about the Xbox 360 outselling the Wii are up in the air, but still the megaton which we are sure about remains which is Xbox 360 > Wii for any significant length of time. Six months is a significant length of time in my books and if this trend remains true then whats going to happen when the Sky/TV on demand and 1080P instant streaming is released?

Tease.

RolStoppable said:
Squilliam said:
The thing is that so long as this data is accurate any points about the Xbox 360 outselling the Wii are up in the air, but still the megaton which we are sure about remains which is Xbox 360 > Wii for any significant length of time. Six months is a significant length of time in my books and if this trend remains true then whats going to happen when the Sky/TV on demand and 1080P instant streaming is released?

It has been only five months so this means nothing.

five months is a long time, how would you feel five months out from the ultimate Rolstoppable Wii experience?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
RolStoppable said:
Squilliam said:

It has been only five months so this means nothing.

five months is a long time, how would you feel five months out from the ultimate Rolstoppable Wii experience?

I have my doubts about the accuracy of this report but taking it as we find it I believe that when the Microsoft marketing arm swings into operations and starts the Project Perfect Storm 2009/10 they will be dishing out some hurt.

Games library, Fully integrated (cannot stress the integrated) social networking, 1080p streaming and who knows a realignment of its products.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Wow that would be so epic if these numbers are true.

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
lombard2578 said:
lombard2578 said:
BKK2 said:
I think that people are missing the fact that these numbers are heavily rounded, there is a margin of error of +/- 100k for the data over limited time periods, and a margin of error of +/- 50k on the LTDs.

Totally agree with you, your comment is true, and nobody see what it can give.

For example:

The 360 could have sold between 510k and 690k.

The wii could have sold between 210k and 390k.

So, all the bodies who says 300k and 600k, can say absolutely very false numbers.

If the true number are:

360: 510k

Wii: 390k

In this case the 360 has outsold the Wii by 1.3 to 1, which is not 2 to 1.

So, be careful when we only know LTD rounded to 100k.

For me, no reason that these numbers can not be true.

We have used them before, and we never doubt of them.

Maybe, you should go to this thread to see the french numbers:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52214&page=9

The wii of 2009 is not the wii of 2008, as the 360.

Other thing, each week in the top 40 of chart track, the first platform is the 360 with 13 titles, when the wii has less titles. It was not this story the last year.

Other thing, maybe there is now all the bodies who want the wii, who has buy the wii, because 5,1m is a big installed base for UK.

And what about that where we don't have the nine last week (for europe, countries not clear):

So between begin january to end June:

The 360 has sold between 610k to 790k
The wii has sold between 410k to 590k.
The ps3 has sold between 210k to 390k.

Which for me is possible:
We can have:
360: 620k
Wii : 580k
ps3: 350k

And so, the wii is outsold by the 360, but not by 2 to 1.

Those are possible.  If you see all I have been writing it is not the 360 outselling Wii that I find totally impossible.  It is 360 outselling DS and PS3 selling equal with Wii.

For the DS, you have that (don't forget the DSI in this story) :

since we haven't heard any kind of correction or update - can we assume these numbers are correct?

They sound strange, but it is GFK we are talking about. GFK is the 2nd or 3rd largest market-research company in the world.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

^ It's still too early yet. Give it a couple more days.

man these numbers have throw everyone into chaos, its like we heard that united states dissolved itself, the EU instituted slavery for anyone unemployed over the age of 16, the Catholic church came out and said gotcha it was all just a big joke. Japan said not only do we have an army of superpower robots to rule the world, we have already installed them in every house with any japanese brand car.
and steve jobs died

in all seriousness though lets give it a week to sink in figure out where these numbers came for and see if clarifications are published, if MS steps up and says yea we were rocking, or if nintendo steps up and says yea that price increase was a bad idea (or just drops the price in the next month)

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

DirtyP2002 said:

since we haven't heard any kind of correction or update - can we assume these numbers are correct?

They sound strange, but it is GFK we are talking about. GFK is the 2nd or 3rd largest market-research company in the world.

It doesn't really matter how big the firm is, what matters is the size of the market they track and GfK tracks 90% of the UK market. If the numbers didn't get wrecked along the way then there is not reason to suspect their correctness.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger