By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK GfK Chart-Track Hardware Installed Bases through June 27

Sorry but i can't believe these numbers. Trends happen over time but this is just logic turned on its head. I'm sure VGC would have noticed this by now. I mean it's from February to begin with.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
I think that people are missing the fact that these numbers are heavily rounded, there is a margin of error of +/- 100k for the data over limited time periods, and a margin of error of +/- 50k on the LTDs.

Totally agree with you, your comment is true, and nobody see what it can give.

For example:

The 360 could have sold between 510k and 690k.

The wii could have sold between 210k and 390k.

So, all the bodies who says 300k and 600k, can say absolutely very false numbers.

If the true number are:

360: 510k

Wii: 390k

In this case the 360 has outsold the Wii by 1.3 to 1, which is not 2 to 1.

So, be careful when we only know LTD rounded to 100k.

For me, no reason that these numbers can not be true.

We have used them before, and we never doubt of them.

Maybe, you should go to this thread to see the french numbers:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=52214&page=9

The wii of 2009 is not the wii of 2008, as the 360.

Other thing, each week in the top 40 of chart track, the first platform is the 360 with 13 titles, when the wii has less titles. It was not this story the last year.

Other thing, maybe there is now all the bodies who want the wii, who has buy the wii, because 5,1m is a big installed base for UK.

And what about that where we don't have the nine last week (for europe, countries not clear):

lombard2578 said:
BKK2 said:
I think that people are missing the fact that these numbers are heavily rounded, there is a margin of error of +/- 100k for the data over limited time periods, and a margin of error of +/- 50k on the LTDs.

Other thing, each week in the top 40 of chart track, the first platform is the 360 with 13 titles, when the wii has less titles. It was not this story the last year.

Other thing, maybe there is now all the bodies who want the wii, who has buy the wii, because 5,1m is a big installed base for UK.

Wii Fit has been number 1 about 10 weeks this year.  Suggests to me that Wii sales have been doing very well.  It can't possibly be on the basis of selling to existing Wii owners.  I think sales in all regions show that Wii Fit sales reflect Wii sales.  If Wii Fit has been selling well then Wii must have as well.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
lombard2578 said:
BKK2 said:

Wii Fit has been number 1 about 10 weeks this year.  Suggests to me that Wii sales have been doing very well.  It can't possibly be on the basis of selling to existing Wii owners.  I think sales in all regions show that Wii Fit sales reflect Wii sales.  If Wii Fit has been selling well then Wii must have as well.

This reminds me of the first day sales of Japan and the WRS sales.

ioi: Wii must be up to 40k and 50k.

Then famitsu numbers come and were only 21k.

Yeah ioi is human and can be wrong for the uK.

Lostplanet22 said:
tuoyo said:
Lostplanet22 said:
tuoyo said:
Carl2291 said:
tuoyo said:
These numbers are not correct. Don't know how people can believe them.

You got evidence?

Or pics?

Or a link?

Have you got anything at all?

I've got common sense and logic.  You think it is possible that 360 outsold DS at a time when DSi got released?  I would be suprised if 360 ever outsold DS in any month let alone being ahead after 6 months.

Read as ' I am angry Wii fanboy who can't stand the idea of xbox 360 selling more than Wii' nintendo power FTW!

Anyway this sound as common sense and logic of Crazyman.

Yes that's why I bought a 360.

I'm disputing whether 360 sold Wii or not.  I am talking about DS.  There is no way it could have outsold DS.  And how is PS3 selling as well as Wii all of a sudden?  Come on.  How can people believe these numbers?  If you were told that all of a sudden Zune was outselling Ipod would you believe it?  You can't just believe everything that gets released.  Wait  few days and let's see whether these numbers are confirmed.  But thinking logically I don't see anyway it can be.

Maybe because it is an official sales tracking company with a very good name in what it is doing?

Well I went to their website and didn't see them say any such thing on the site.  When I see them write it then I will believe it.  Until then logic tells me the numbers are wrong and there was a misprint by whoever wrote this.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
Lostplanet22 said:
tuoyo said:
Lostplanet22 said:
tuoyo said:
Carl2291 said:
tuoyo said:

You got evidence?

Or pics?

Or a link?

I've got common sense and logic.  You think it is possible that 360 outsold DS at a time when DSi got released?  I would be suprised if 360 ever outsold DS in any month let alone being ahead after 6 months.

Read as ' I am angry Wii fanboy who can't stand the idea of xbox 360 selling more than Wii' nintendo power FTW!

I'm disputing whether 360 sold Wii or not.  I am talking about DS.  There is no way it could have outsold DS.  And how is PS3 selling as well as Wii all of a sudden?  Come on.  How can people believe these numbers?  If you were told that all of a sudden Zune was outselling Ipod would you believe it?  You can't just believe everything that gets released.  Wait  few days and let's see whether these numbers are confirmed.  But thinking logically I don't see anyway it can be.

Maybe because it is an official sales tracking company with a very good name in what it is doing?

Well I went to their website and didn't see them say any such thing on the site.  When I see them write it then I will believe it.  Until then logic tells me the numbers are wrong and there was a misprint by whoever wrote this.

You expect that they would write that on their site? How many years are sites reporting sites from Chart track and how many times did we see an article how they were wrong?  Like never?   It is not because it sounds so surprising that they have to be wrong now.

I agree. These numbers seriously can't be right. I'm surprised people on this site of all places who are so used to analysing market trends and sales are believing this. Wii Fit and Wii do go together. No way 360 is ahead of it this year. Maybe it might be closer but even equal, NO WAY

Mario Kart Wii - 4983-6029-9877

Wii code- 4257-3204-4481-2949

Lostplanet22 said:
tuoyo said:
Lostplanet22 said:
tuoyo said:
Lostplanet22 said:
tuoyo said:
Carl2291 said:
tuoyo said:

You got evidence?

Or pics?

Or a link?

You expect that they would write that on their site? How many years are sites reporting sites from Chart track and how many times did we see an article how they were wrong?  Like never?   It is not because it sounds so surprising that they have to be wrong now.

Well we are very different.  If I hear something totally unbelievable it has to become widely publicised for me to believe it.  I don't hear from one source and take it as gospel.  I don't even see it widely mentioned on google.  I will wait a few days and if there is no correction I will accept I was wrong.  For now I think whoever wrote this made an error.

lombard2578 said:
BKK2 said:

For example:

So, all the bodies who says 300k and 600k, can say absolutely very false numbers.

If the true number are:

And what about that where we don't have the nine last week (for europe, countries not clear):

We have others informations:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=56644

LTD end 2008 UK rounded to 100k.

DS - 8.8m
Wii - 4.9m
PSP - 3.2m
360 - 3.2m
PS3 - 1.9m

So between begin january to end June:

The 360 has sold between 610k to 790k
The wii has sold between 410k to 590k.
The ps3 has sold between 210k to 390k.

Which for me is possible:
We can have:
360: 620k
Wii : 580k
ps3: 350k

And so, the wii is outsold by the 360, but not by 2 to 1.

lombard2578 said:
lombard2578 said:
BKK2 said:

For example:

If the true number are:

So between begin january to end June:

The 360 has sold between 610k to 790k
The wii has sold between 410k to 590k.
The ps3 has sold between 210k to 390k.

Which for me is possible:
We can have:
360: 620k
Wii : 580k
ps3: 350k

And so, the wii is outsold by the 360, but not by 2 to 1.

Those are possible.  If you see all I have been writing it is not the 360 outselling Wii that I find totally impossible.  It is 360 outselling DS and PS3 selling equal with Wii.