By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most hated video game company.

Xen said:
Ronster, you're an MS supporter, what is MS doing now? is it not the same thing?

SEGA commited financial suicide, deal with it.

If you were a true fan of a great gaming company like Sega and they were almost put out of business by a 2 bit moneyhatting company like sony, wouldn't you support the company that is most likely to do the same to sony as what sony did to Sega?

Logic.

Around the Network

That's not logic, that's some weird desire for... revenge I guess?

Ronster316 said:
@ TheThunder.

You dislike Activision and yet you still have the nerve to tash talk me about disliking sony?

Maybe people should ignore you too.

Double standards.

I want you to post everyday the joke in your sig is hilarious you have a talent believe in yourself and do a pilot or a demo tape or something there must be someone as crazy as you who will give you your own talk show.

You want proof montana?

Hang on.

axumblade said:
Ronster316 said:
axumblade said:
Ronster316 said:
axumblade said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ ronster, what is wrong with them funding 3rd party studios?

Some of my favorites have been Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza 3. I hear they were made from the shadow of a company....I wonder if it's true...

Oh, you must be talking about that company that sony raped due to their financial muscle. (and lack of gaming talent hence buying their way to the top)

Yeah. Great company Sony are for putting them out of their misery.

Misery? oh dear.

What goes around comes around.

By 2013 Microsoft will put sony out of their damn misery.

Bank on it.

I'm sorry that you're so offended by your brand loyalty that you are thinking that I would care if Sony pulled out of the market. Businesses are the empires of modern days and at one point or another, most will die out. I hope that Sony doesn't because I'd feel bad about all of the people who lose their jobs but if it happens then someone else will jump in and become the 3rd company. It's bound to happen. Most likely they'll hire old staff of Sony for hardware and all of the studios will move on to other companies as well.

What about all those people who lost their jobs at Sega?

A lot of Sega's top gaming talent has left the company.

Yuji naka (the father of sonic during its best years)

Yu suzuki (He's not left but is in a different role now) the man behind Shenmue, Virtua fighter and outrun.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
You want proof montana?

Hang on.

No. That was just one part of my post. A post that I would like you so desperately to answer fully, because the hypocrisy from you is incredible; and I'm thinking that just maybe, just maybe, I can help you with your bias. Consider it an act of kindness if you will.

I smell a retard amongst us....*Sniff sniff*...ah yes the retardation is strong in him....*sniff sniff*...yep got his sent now....well I'll be damned it's Ronster316!!!

Ronster316 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Ronster316 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Ronster316 said:
Sony............. 15 years in this industry and they have personally developed like what? Gran turismo? nope, thats Polyphony, Metal gear solid? uh huh, thats Konami.

Sony have given us so few titles, god of war in 15 years (and maybe one or 2 titles that i could not give a toss about)

Whats not to dislike about sony?

You know Sony own Polyphony Digital..... like they have owned Naughty Dog since 2001, in fact here is the whole list:

Japan

North America

Europe

Is that enough for you? Admitedly many of those games were not made while owned by SCE, but many of them were

Sony bought a lot of companies over the last 15 years huh.

In other words they paid some other MUGS to make the games for them.

Tyrannical leech of a company.

What else do you expect them to do? Why not just take small studios and expand them and fund them to create great games.

Thats the key word right there that sums up sony................ "Take" never "Earn"

Actually, just doing a bit of research. They formed SCE San Diego, responsible for the best baseball game ever, they formed SCE Santa Monica which has made a little thing called God of War, PD, who make a little game called Gran Turismo, Clap Hanz, who make the Hot Shots Gold series. They have Team ICO, who are part of their Japanese developement studio. They also formed SOE who have made great MMOs. They formed Incognito, who have recently closed, and most of the people there are just working in Lightbox who have a contract with Sony in place. They also started SCE London, responsible for the Singstar franchise and Getaway series.

They did buy the rest, but it is not like they have damaged them as you seem to think. Coming into gaming, the best way to get quality games on your system is to buy new studios, Microsoft did it too, but their acquistition of Rare seemed to do more bad then good. Guerilla games made the average Killzone before they were bought (well they had nearly finished development when bought) but under Sony, helped by the other SCE studios they have managed to make Killzone 2, an AAA game.

While we're on the subject, anyone want to meet a truly terrible developer? Look no further than Microsoft Games Studios.

http://www.giantbomb.com/microsoft-game-studios/65-340/developed_games/

If you like Microsoft Flight Simulator, and I mean really like it, than maybe you'll be a fan of them. Otherwise...damn.

MontanaHatchet said:
Ronster316 said:
You want proof montana?

Hang on.

No. That was just one part of my post. A post that I would like you so desperately to answer fully, because the hypocrisy from you is incredible; and I'm thinking that just maybe, just maybe, I can help you with your bias. Consider it an act of kindness if you will.

You have mail.

Help with my bias despite supporting a TRUE gaming company?