By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most hated video game company.

Data Design Interactive - everyone knows why,
Activision - for miliking their own franchise and Brutal Legend thing(when they acuired Brutal Legend publisher they dropped this game immidiately and now they want compensation for the fact that they didn't even give developer one single buck), 120$ games with peripherials that won't work with anything else(Tony Hawk, DJ Hero),

small hate for publishers who are constantly screwing wii owners by making psp games exclusive and wii games psp/wii multiplatform titles. if you're making Soul Calibur, Assassins Creed, Persona, Tales of VS., Star Wars Battlefront 3, Resident Evil Portable on psp why not putting them on the wii? it won't cost much if anything.

Around the Network
waron said:
Data Design Interactive - everyone knows why,
Activision - for miliking their own franchise and Brutal Legend thing(when they acuired Brutal Legend publisher they dropped this game immidiately and now they want compensation for the fact that they didn't even give developer one single buck), 120$ games with peripherials that won't work with anything else(Tony Hawk, DJ Hero),

small hate for publishers who are constantly screwing wii owners by making psp games exclusive and wii games psp/wii multiplatform titles. if you're making Soul Calibur, Assassins Creed, Persona, Tales of VS., Star Wars Battlefront 3, Resident Evil Portable on psp why not putting them on the wii? it won't cost much if anything.

Because these games wouldn't even exist if Sony didn't pay to have them made.

axumblade said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ ronster, what is wrong with them funding 3rd party studios?

Some of my favorites have been Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza 3. I hear they were made from the shadow of a company....I wonder if it's true...

Oh, you must be talking about that company that sony raped due to their financial muscle. (and lack of gaming talent hence buying their way to the top)

Ronster316 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Ronster316 said:
Sony............. 15 years in this industry and they have personally developed like what? Gran turismo? nope, thats Polyphony, Metal gear solid? uh huh, thats Konami.

Sony have given us so few titles, god of war in 15 years (and maybe one or 2 titles that i could not give a toss about)

Whats not to dislike about sony?

You know Sony own Polyphony Digital..... like they have owned Naughty Dog since 2001, in fact here is the whole list:

Japan

North America

Europe

Is that enough for you? Admitedly many of those games were not made while owned by SCE, but many of them were

Sony bought a lot of companies over the last 15 years huh.

In other words they paid some other MUGS to make the games for them.

Tyrannical leech of a company.

What else do you expect them to do? Why not just take small studios and expand them and fund them to create great games.

Ronster, you're an MS supporter, what is MS doing now? is it not the same thing?

SEGA commited financial suicide, deal with it.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Ronster316 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Ronster316 said:
Sony............. 15 years in this industry and they have personally developed like what? Gran turismo? nope, thats Polyphony, Metal gear solid? uh huh, thats Konami.

Sony have given us so few titles, god of war in 15 years (and maybe one or 2 titles that i could not give a toss about)

You know Sony own Polyphony Digital..... like they have owned Naughty Dog since 2001, in fact here is the whole list:

Japan

North America

Europe

Is that enough for you? Admitedly many of those games were not made while owned by SCE, but many of them were

What else do you expect them to do? Why not just take small studios and expand them and fund them to create great games.

Thats the key word right there that sums up sony................ "Take" never "Earn"

Ronster316 said:

So wait, we're only including developed games? You have such incredible hatred for a company that has brought us some great consoles and great games. I have no idea where this article you claimed is. I searched "Playstation Prototype" in Google, and found nothing similar to what you claim. You really need to step back and ask yourself why you have this absolutely obsessive hatred for one company. It's kind of pathetic, and it really just makes me wonder how one person can hate one company so much. Did they like...kill a loved one of yours or something? Saying you hate a company in one thread is one thing, but lying about things and lying to yourself is another.

List of titles developed specifically by Sony America and Sony Incorporated:

Sony America

Sony Incorporated

There are some great games in there, including the best baseball series on the market today. And why should we bar published games? Should I be mad at Sony because they prefer letting talented second party studios instead of relying on a couple of internal studios and having the talent dry up after a couple of years? I hate to mention Sega to a devoted Sega fan (since I was one myself once), but damn. Look at Sega today. They can't develop a good game to save their lives.

Sony as a whole is a terrible company that at times, treats its consumers poorly, overcharges on products, etc. But I will commend them for what they have done well, and that is videogames. Learn to let go of your anger towards them, give Sony a try, and you'll discover that they've made, published, and been featured to many great games.

axumblade said:
Ronster316 said:
axumblade said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ ronster, what is wrong with them funding 3rd party studios?

Some of my favorites have been Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza 3. I hear they were made from the shadow of a company....I wonder if it's true...

Oh, you must be talking about that company that sony raped due to their financial muscle. (and lack of gaming talent hence buying their way to the top)

Yeah. Great company Sony are for putting them out of their misery.

Misery? oh dear.

What goes around comes around.

By 2013 Microsoft will put sony out of their damn misery.

Bank on it.

LJN, lol jk
Valve, their hate for playstation 3 is obvious.

Ronster316 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Ronster316 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Ronster316 said:

Japan

North America

Europe

Thats the key word right there that sums up sony................ "Take" never "Earn"

And MS as well. Halo says hello.